[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - To Terra Volume 2 Printing Error

To Terra Volume 2 Printing Error

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

To Terra Volume 2 Printing Error

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:32 am

Well, I just got my copy of To Terra volume 2, and for some reason, it's upside-down. I'm not outraged but just amused and mildly annoyed, because it looks like you're holding the book upside-down. Does anybody who has the second volume have the same problem as me? Sorry to make a thread for this.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:16 pm

maybe you can contact the publishing people and they'll exchange it - all publishers have to exchange for manufacturing defects :D
Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby cmoon » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:19 am

I'll have mine in a few days--I'll let you know if it has the same error.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Huscheli » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 pm

lol
I hope the fault is only in your book and not spread over the whole printing. :D
I can't tell you yet how it is with mine. Will be anothe rmonth till it get's released here. lol
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Fri May 04, 2007 1:32 am

For what it's worth, mine just arrived and it is fine. You should definitely return yours.
cmoon

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Fri May 04, 2007 2:25 am

Oh. Well, it's still readable, and it's pretty funny, too. I think I'll keep it. Who knows, it might become a valuable collector's item someday. Which it won't. But still.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby strobe_z » Fri May 04, 2007 6:12 pm

Will I like To Terra? and why? I feel like I'm in the dark here. Anyone care to give me some kind of synopsis/background on this series?
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Fri May 04, 2007 9:37 pm

Not sure. I kinda feel like it is deeply flawed in some way (I'm having problems following it at points), but keep reading anyway. There IS something compelling about it. Maybe there's the factor about wanting to support Vertical???
cmoon

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Fri May 04, 2007 11:30 pm

I agree. It's hard to follow at times, and seems almost rushed. But I'm enjoying it. Its story is a bit trite, but the manga is pretty old, and it's not bad. I mainly bought it because I like science fiction and want to support Vertical, too, but I'll keep up with the series and the other one Vertical will publish by the same author. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone, though.

To Terra is basically about a teenage boy who becomes leader of a persecuted psychic race known as the Mu, and their quest to go back to their mother planet. Sorry for the cursory description. It's by Keiko Takemiya, so it's in a shoujo style.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Sat May 05, 2007 8:31 am

I had my problems to read the first few pages as well. But when I started to look the new , I got the story somehow and now I quite like it.

But I still would've prefered if they would have published Kaze to Ki no Uta instead of To Terra. It has far more fans worldwide anyway. (And is much better imho) Man I want Kaze to ki no uta!! >____<
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Lamp » Fri May 11, 2007 4:21 am

I just got my copy today, and nothing is wrong with it.

As for the story, I haven't been disappointed with it so far.

Of course, I have to admit that one of the reasons I'm buying it is because I want Vertical to bring out more older manga besides just Tezuka stuff, so I'm hoping To Terra and Andromeda Stories will be successful enough to give them incentive to keep doing so. Maybe it will lead to them releasing some Suzue Miuchi stuff or something.
Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:21 am

cmoon

Postby Huscheli » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:03 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:10 pm

cmoon

Postby Ash » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:56 pm

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Next

Return to Offtopic