[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Graphic novels as gifts!

Graphic novels as gifts!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Graphic novels as gifts!

Postby Mamath » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:43 pm

Looking to trade Tezuka gashapon! I have spare Amazing Three (x2), Blackjack (x1) and Princess Knight (series 1 x1) pieces. Looking for the rest. Please PM me if interested!
Mamath

Tezuka reader

Re: Graphic novels as gifts!

Postby Huscheli » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:42 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby putrocca » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:45 pm

I always think it's important not to give someone part of a long series, but to give them something short but complete. Kirihito is perfect, obiously. Other good short things are X-day, MW (once it comes out), Princess Knight (if you can find it) or the new Ghost in the Shell manga.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Mamath » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:33 am

Looking to trade Tezuka gashapon! I have spare Amazing Three (x2), Blackjack (x1) and Princess Knight (series 1 x1) pieces. Looking for the rest. Please PM me if interested!
Mamath

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:42 pm

MW is a Tezuka manga that will soon be published by Vertical. I think you'll find information about the story on the main page ^^
That's the cover:

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:49 am

I think Ode or Apollo (still haven't read the latter) would make great gifts because they are single volumes. Surprised by the sort of luke-warm reaction to Ode, I really think it is an absolutely incredible work that I've almost insisted a lot of my friends purchase.

Edit: Oh c'mon, be a jerk. Give someone that volume of Berserk where the Eclipse happens and everyone is eaten (and/or 'fertilized' :shock: ) by demons. Man, can't wait to see the gift they'll give you in return...
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:42 am

That's a great idea, cmoon. Can't remember what volume that was in, though. But I'm sure there's worse stuff you can give them. You can ask Metro for suggestions.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:46 am

Can't say that I like the MW cover as much as the others, unfortunately.

Has anyone here actually read the whole Berserk manga? I've been thinking of trying it. I've seen the trailers for the anime so I konw what type of thing it is generally but I've been boggled for years as to why the manga has a rating of 9.6 out of 10 on ANN, the highest of any manga out there except 20th century boys. There has to be a reason, right? If only that it has insane cult fans...
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Huscheli » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:50 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:48 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby putrocca » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:54 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Return to Offtopic