[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Convention get-togethers

Convention get-togethers

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Path » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:37 pm

I'll be at Anime Expo this year, and possibly one more con at the end of the year, depending on funds and time.
We will meet again, when the loops of time touch.
Path

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:16 pm

Confused as to why someone re-posted my initial post in a new thread, but I'll still be at Otakon this year - will anyone else be?
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Huscheli » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:01 pm

I'm only at the JAN (Japanimanga Night) XD Just a small convention in Switzerland. I doubt anyone else will be there :D

I'd love to go to the otakon once but...well ^^'
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby snake search » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:34 pm

I'll also be at Otakon this year.
snake search

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:58 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby snake search » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:17 am

snake search

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:19 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Mike Toole » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:40 am

I CAST THREAD NECROMANCY

I will be presenting a few panels at Otakon this year. Is anyone else going this time around?

One of the panels is a Tezuka one-- specifically, a multimedia joint about the absolute worst stuff by Osamu Tezuka. Now, before you tell me that all of his works are classics and that he's a genius, yeah, I agree-- but he put his stamp on a LOT of stuff, and some of it ain't perfect, particularly the numerous animation projects he oversaw. We'll be looking at some clips and examining just how unique and compelling even the master's least impressive works were.

Should be a fun convention - I'm planning on catching JAM Project, the band that launched a thousand shonen OP themes, and sneaking out to see O's-Rangers across the street at Camden Yards at some point.
Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby Kuririn » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:28 pm

I'll be at Otakon as well. If you see someone in a green school uniform carrying a Sharaku plushie, that's my Wato cosplay, probably getting mistaken for the chick from Inuyasha.
Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Query, aimed at mike:

Do you know when your Tezuka panel will be? I'll be at Otakon can certainly turn up for it, and could bring some stuff from my collection if it would help - just let me know if there's any Tezuka you've been hunting for that you haven't managed to lay hands on.

That said, sounds like there'll be at least 3 of us at Otakon this year. Want to try to plan a get-together?
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby putrocca » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:30 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Mike Toole » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:40 pm

Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby Kuririn » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:17 pm

Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:49 pm

I think I may have Galexy Investigation Border Planet - I'll try to look into it and see. I'll do a quick inventory of what rare stuff I have and let you know within a couple days.

Sounds like a meet-up would be fun. When would people like to try to do it? I'd be inclined to suggest either early-ish Friday if people will be there by then, say around 12:00, or perhaps Saturday around 10:00 or 11:00? Trying to think of times there aren't likely to be other important things going on. Would Friday noon work for people?
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Mike Toole » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:23 pm

Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Next

Return to Offtopic