[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - USA-- Dr WHO 6PM MST - 8PM EST Scifi *contains spoilers*

USA-- Dr WHO 6PM MST - 8PM EST Scifi *contains spoilers*

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Kevin » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:37 am

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby cmoon » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:27 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:29 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Ash » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:50 pm

OMFG.

Has someone seen this week's episode (The Stolen Earth)? It was shown just now, and the ending with the Doctor.... Looks like Davies wants to go with a gigantic bang for his run! (Moffat is taking over)

Aaargh! I wish I had a TARDIS to go to next week!
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Ash » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Nobody watches the Doctor?

The final episode of season 4 was average to subpar. The story kept going from this to that, Davies just wanted to fill the whole episode with fanservice >.> The ending with Rose is handled in a unsatisfying way (though the one with Donna was OK), but at least now Moffat has a clean slate to begin with with the Doctor.
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:15 pm

I haven't seen the final 3 yet for season 4.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:03 pm

I hope this doesn't come as a big downer to anyone, but I felt the weaknesses that were inherent (but not horrible) in the 1st season were greatly amplified in the second season. I honestly didn't like about half the second season and haven't bothered with the 3rd or 4th. I went back to watching the 70's doctor who with tom baker (via net flicks) and found myself enjoying it a lot more.

I guess I'm going to be one of those season 1 purists--but not just because of the actor. I really think the writing was stronger season one and by season two they'd run out of ideas. Maybe season 3 and 4 are better?
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:52 pm

I don't think that's true about you cmoon.

See, people aren't comparing DT to Baker. They are comparing DT to the last season of McCoy. McCoy was a great doctor, with a great companion, but his scripts sucked bad.

So I think people are just happy that DT isn't as bad as the last season that was aired.

I have a lot of problems with RTD myself, namely, is very poor handling of science, his religious insertions, and well, many things he does are just idiotic.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:49 am

cmoon

Postby Ash » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:17 pm

Ash

Tezuka Nut

Previous

Return to Offtopic