[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Greek Mythology - Is Zeus a big fat jerk!?

Greek Mythology - Is Zeus a big fat jerk!?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

60%
No votes
40%

Total votes : 5

Greek Mythology - Is Zeus a big fat jerk!?

Postby Kevin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:59 am

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:52 am

Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jeffbert » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:34 pm

:lol: I prefer Wotan & his daughters! Oooh, my aching ears. I had the bad habit of cranking up the volume every time those daughters went riding. :P

I bought COREL's CLASSICS ON CD & really enjoyed reading about Odysseus' adventures. I recall an Italian B about Ulysses' son meeting Samson or some such nonsense. I was sure that Peter Fernandez provided one of the voices, but could find no confirmation. :D

About those classic gods, I could never keep the Roman names separate from the Greek names, except those mentioned in the ILLIAD & Odyssey.
Jeffbert

Postby cmoon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:13 pm

Why doesn't anyone talk about the old testament god being a big jerk? He's definitely got the highest body count.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:40 pm

I hate old and new testament god.

ok I don't so much hate new testament god, but he/she is a real jerk towards me lately.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:08 pm

How can you hate NT God (IE Jesus)? He rode a freakin' dinosaur!

cmoon

Postby Kevin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:47 am

OH I don't hate Jesus. Jesus was an amazingly awesome hippie, protector, civil rights activist, and doctor.

It's his GOD father who decided to take credit for everything he did, then let him die on a stick in the desert.

Now here's something you have to think about real carefully.

If Joseph wasn't Jesus' father, then Mary broke a commandment with the guy upstairs.

If Joseph was Jesus' father, then God broke another commandment by allowing and helping people spread the illusion he was responsible for all of the awesome things Jesus really did.

Either way God was a sleeze in the New Testament. Not as bad as he/she was in the first testament, but certainly not someone I want for my neighbor.

Especially since God seems to be picking on me and treating me like crap. Wanna pimp slap him/her. Tired of all this brow beatin.....

YOU HEAR ME GOD! I'M COMIN FOR YOU! I'M COMIN FOR YOU AND I GOT MY BOOTS ON! :x
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:18 am

Ok, that's Zeus and Yahweh, down.

Got anything against, Brahma, Odin, Allah (well I think Allah is Yahweh), Ishvara, Rah, Shiva, the Great Spirit, Tiamat, Ameterasu, Pazuzu, the Force, L.Ron Hubbard, Cthulhu, Ras Tafari, or Osiris?
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:37 am

Bastet is the only goddess which ever kept all her promises.

Keep an animal which has her likeness in your home, and it will protect you against common diseases and the like.

Cats kill rodentia which spread disease.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:30 am

I was quite fond of Minerva after reading The Odyssey. Surely you could not have a grudge against her.
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:46 am

Don't remember her, but I think she was alright.

Athena was kinda cool too, she had that awesome owl.

I also liked Artemis/Diana because they were wilderness girls. They didn't buy into the whole olympian "We rule over you" crap. They liked the outdoors, and hated politics of other gods.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:32 pm

If God was Jesus's father, does that mean Jesus was haploid?

I mean, I hear people say Jesus H. Christ--the H is for haploid, correct?
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:18 pm

Haha, I don't know :shock:
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Princess Sapphire » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:07 pm

I voted yes, though I wouldn't necessarily say because he was a jerk. On the merits of the Disney movie Hercules at least, I couldn't call Zeus a jerk. He played a pretty decent role in that.

I just voted Yes, basically because as a faithfully committed Christian I simply don't believe in him regardless of how jerky he is or is not. ;)
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Kevin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:28 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Next

Return to Offtopic