[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Member being a smart arse

Member being a smart arse

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Member being a smart arse

Postby Potato » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:10 am

Okay- i have this member on my site who I've known for a long time. I've taken his admin powers away already and Marshmallow has deleted many of his posts, and he's being really annoying, especially since he's breaking the unwritten rule "no being a smart arse"

He's pretty much left us alone on the site but what should I do if he continues to be an annoying little [insert word here]?

I don't want to ban him, otherwise He'd spam my email inbox trying to get un-banned which's even more annoying. :?

>_< i want to give him another chance, but..well.... he's already done a bit of damage on another site. And then TumbleWeed gives us greif and now this happens.

Leave RIC* alone for 5 minutes! :lol:

*shortened name of site (Randomness_is_coming)

edited for spelling mistakes >_<
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Kevin » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:31 pm

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Re: Member being a smart arse

Postby Jiminy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:54 am

San Dimas High School football rules!
Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby Kevin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:31 am

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Potato » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:37 am

Ok, i found the word. Silvoniel is a big shmuck who loves to argue. Problem is i don't think deleting of messages will do anything.

I banned TumbleWeed's posting privelages and he just attacked me throught the PM system. I tried to ban his IP but i accidently banned Ludak as well. :(

I don't want to have to ban Silv. I just don't know what to do with him.

Potato

Postby Space Sheriff Gavan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:11 pm

No, don't ban him

The best way to deal with a smartass is to call him on his own game. The fact is, most smartass people on the internet are insecure people who are afraid to be nice and make friends, because they fear they won't be accepted.

So they adapt a "captain cool guy of the jackass brigade" persona, thinking being mean will establish some sort of alpha male mentality, and suddenly, he will be loved be all.

To put it blunt, call him on his little act. Nothing spurs a smart ass like a painful dose of truth. Of course, don't ostracize him completely, give him a chance to be himself and make genuine friends at...wherever this site is. But hey, if he doesn't learn lesson, welp, crush him...not literally, of course
Space Sheriff Gavan

Tezuka reader

Postby Potato » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:57 am

Potato

Return to Offtopic