[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - So, how did everyone come up with their names?

So, how did everyone come up with their names?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

So, how did everyone come up with their names?

Postby Potato » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:14 am

Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:18 am

Last edited by Princess Sapphire on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Potato » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:19 am

Potato

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:22 am

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Potato » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:24 am

Potato

Postby Kuririn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:26 am

Ah, very good, I actually like this topic. :P

This nickname comes from pretty much my very first anime/manga fandom. About 9 years ago (*strangled gasp*) I caught an episode of Dragonball Z on YTV one day. My favourite character was Kuririn.

It sounds dorky, but I thought he was really cool, because everybody else on the show was a superpowered alien and he was just this one short little human guy who somehow managed to barely keep up with them. He's still hands-down my favourite character from any series.

Hmm...now that I think about it...short bald guy...where've I heard that line before??

<----
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Potato » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:29 am

Oh my, now i remember that character. You know how, on some videos, there are small advertisements of other films related to the genre of the main film on the tape/dvd?

one of those ads for Dragonball were on one of my videos. lol

Potato

Postby Kuririn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:33 am

I'd believe it! DBZ is super-prolific even now. It's still really really popular in Japan, years and years after the series ended, with new merchandise coming out constantly. Fortunately over here it doesn't carry the social stimata that it does in North America, because the manga isn't affected by many of the things the anime is criticized for, and most people here read the manga. :P
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Potato » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:36 am

don't you hate it when you walk into a bookstore that sells manga (i.e Kinokunyia) and you see the complete series ore one volume of a particular series you want, and you can't buy it, then the next day you go back for it and it's not there anymore?

That happened to me. >_< oh well. lol

Potato

Postby Kuririn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:41 am

That's kind of OT, but yes, it is rather annoying. I actually went to a Kyoto bookstore about two weeks ago and saw a full set of Princess Knight bilingual manga. It was rather expensive so I decided I wouldn't get it. But as the week wound down I thought about it more and more...and imagined it would be gone if I ever changed my mind...so Friday after school I hopped on the train and went back and luckily it was still there. u.u;;

Going back on-topic, mind clarifying what a "reversible mirror" is? :P
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Potato » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:47 am

a reversible mirror is just a mere fragment of my extremely weird imagination. *waah i lost my tetris game* anyway. if anything that comes out of me and i don't say 'what? Mr. Ears said it first.', then theres a slight chance i'm going mad. or not. or maybe i am. or maybe i'm not.

Potato

Postby Kuririn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:51 am

Very good then; should I ever need an echidna model I will keep your directions in mind.

That said, I'm going to pick up my cell phone from the shop, and ought to be back later with more emoticons. :)
Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Potato » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:52 am

Potato

Postby cmoon » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:34 pm

Keeping this on-topic.

First initial, last name. Not creative, but have been using it since the early 90's. Why stop now?
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Potato » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:31 am

Awesome. :) earlier on i was considering asking you to change my name to 'Thing', but Potato suits me better, don't you think?

Potato

Next

Return to Offtopic