[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - I wrote a book a few years ago

I wrote a book a few years ago

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

I wrote a book a few years ago

Postby Princess Sapphire » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:45 pm

I certainly did. 8) My very first one ever and I published it myself :D

Who's going to be the first to ask me all about it? :D
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:27 am

Ok, what's it about?

Also, did you self-publish the old-fashioned way by dealing with a print-shop and a book distributer or did you use a site like caf
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Potato » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:47 am

Speaking of hair, does anyone know a good publisher? i want to publish my book. :|
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Kevin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:15 am

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Potato » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:33 am

Just tell them if they think they're so much better then you, they should write a 398 page essay on 'how to be a publisher'.

They're just preening gas bags full of hot air.

Keep trying.

Potato

Postby Kevin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 pm

it is too expensive for me to just keep trying. I sent off 8 submissions and it cost me 100$ total last time.

it is so hard to keep paying money I do not have :(
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Potato » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:42 pm

I've heard you can publish a book by yourself.

:idea: Cut off a chapter of your book and send it to your local newspaper and see if they like it.

Potato

Postby Princess Sapphire » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:29 am

Sorry. I would have replied a long time ago but I've been cut off from the internet with my computer suddenly going blinkers on me. I've taken it in to be serviced and I'm at an Internet cafe so I hope it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Anyway getting back to my book: I published it myself through a printing service in my local city and I've been selling and promoting it as best I can.
It's called "The Battle For The Secret Laser" and is about a fictitious Australian Secret Service Agent named Rodney Cobboe on his very first mission for the Australian Secret Service. He has to protect a brand new secret laser weapon from falling into the wrong hands. I hope to eventually write a sequel mission for him too. :D
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:01 am

[color=darkblue]Sounds great! I love spy stories!

In addition to your printed copies you could probably also use [i]Caf
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Princess Sapphire » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:00 am

Thank you. That sounds exciting. Something to consider indeed. :D
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Exciting news

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:03 pm

I just want to bump this up to say that I'm planning to publish again in November of this year. And I hope to promote my first book further at the same time as I launch my new one. :D
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Rock's Sunglasses » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:40 am

Wonderful--I'd feel better now about publishing my own, which I am currently editing for the fifth time. [rant]I sent it off for a report after the fourth edit, but all I got back was a ten page, thousand dollar wad of typos (I kid you not), the publisher's own commercial interests (and fear of the unconventional), and evidence that whoever had got my money had only skimmed the story. I wonder if, when I'm done with this edit, anyone could get past my cynicism anymore.[/rant]

You're doing a brave, awesome thing, Sapphire--all of the people who told me to publish through someone else obviously had never tried it themselves or wrote something disgustingly formulaic.
Image ImageImage
Rock's Sunglasses

Tezuka Nut

Postby Princess Sapphire » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Thanks. What I've done is send away my application for an ISBN number and now I must wait to receive it in the mail. I'm looking forward to seeing more of my work in print.
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Kevin » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Rock - That's why I tell people NEVER USE A "PROFESSIONAL" EDITOR.

They are rarely professional. Too many of them are college kids who took 1 year of english and think they know how the language works. The rest are people such as professors who use textbook English, which is a complete lie (textbook English does not exist in the real world).
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Rock's Sunglasses » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:32 pm

:shock: So there are more of them...! :shock:

Which ones would you recommend, Kevin? It's getting close to time for me to find one again.
Image ImageImage
Rock's Sunglasses

Tezuka Nut

Next

Return to Offtopic