[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Single People On Valentine's Day Whine-a-thon

Single People On Valentine's Day Whine-a-thon

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Single People On Valentine's Day Whine-a-thon

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:43 am

Well, it might be a little late to post this, but if you're at home reading this instead of out with your "sweetie" then there's a good chance you're in my target audience.

It's Valentine's Day again, and you know what that means for single people, absolute torture! All those happy couples rubbing it in our faces, everyone talking about the wonderful romance that our own lives are lacking.

And, believe me, I hate being single almost every day anyway, but Valentine's Day just comes with a special super-dose of it all.

Of course, there's three things I like about it...

--All the cartoons run Valentine's Day specials (though they were all over before I got home, since I worked late and was stranded there for an extra hour) which is great because I wish cartoons had more romance.

--The comedy websites all make fun of it ()

--And, there is a sick satisfaction in whining about being single, so let those of us single members break out our dollar-store chocolates that we had to buy for ourselves (in my case my "self-pity chocolate" is leftover X-mas chocolate), or even get out the ice-cream and have ourselves a good old-fashioned Valentine's Day Whine-a-thon!
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kuririn » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:54 am

<-- single but willing to indulge the couples on their one designated romantic day.

Being bitter doesn't suit me. XD
Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:43 am

A kitty I rescued but has a home came by tonight to wish me happy valentine's day.

I contacted her owner to pick her up, but it was a pleasant visit! :D

So I dunno about you but I had a date :P

;D
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Rocku » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:04 am

single, but I'm humorously bitter (if that's even possible...)

I spent time with my mom today and she bought me a pair of Hello Kitty panjamas and some weird picture of a chicken, which suits me better than one would think. :twisted: I joked and said "yeah, this is sweet for now, but it might not be too sweet when I'm 30, sitting with you having Valentines day with the cats..."

Of course she's the kind of mother who will baby me no matter how old I get. Plus, I'm running low on food in my apartment, so it was nice to have cake and ice-cream with her. :)

Though I admit, it is a little depressing seeing other girls walk around with roses and boxes of chocolates, but then I just think about my room-mate and her relationship with her "boyfriend" and thank God I'm not dealing with that kind of crap at the moment. Maybe once my work load slows down I can find someone who will give me emotional stress. :roll:
"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Potato » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:33 am

xD i felt sorry for my dog, so she was my "date" for Valentine's day.

lollerskates
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

Postby cmoon » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:13 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Potato » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:28 am

cmoon, have I corrupted you or did you suddenly become obsessed with images? o.O

Potato

Postby Rocku » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:06 pm

"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:17 pm

My favourite line from "Becker" ever was "I swear the only person to ever celebrate this day right was Al Capone"!
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Potato » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:44 pm

Potato

Postby cmoon » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:51 pm

My message to students: "Love is dead!"

Edit: I should have made my students watch Orca for Valentines day, but I haven't managed to push them to that level of surealism yet.
cmoon

Postby Potato » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:15 am

O_o make them watch 'The Shiralee' when they're not giving you gas.

Seriously it's a great movie.

Potato

Postby Jiminy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:10 am

San Dimas High School football rules!
Jiminy

Tezuka Expert

Postby Potato » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:11 am

Potato

Postby cmoon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:52 am

cmoon

Return to Offtopic