[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - More Mashed Potatoes (split from Introduction thread)

More Mashed Potatoes (split from Introduction thread)

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Potato » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:12 am

Ya know, whenever i dont want anyone to talk to me i say

"roses are red boogers are green please leave a message on this strange machine."

You should try that Ninjatron.
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Potato » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:47 am

hi kevin. now can we finish questioning the new kid as to why he's here?

Potato

Postby Potato » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:47 am

Potato

Postby Kevin » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:59 pm

Absolutely nothing potato said was an off topic ramble. Her first post was a little odd, but it wasn't an off topic ramble and it does look like she was responding to what the poster posted.

You know, strobe/cmoon, what makes it so hard to defend some of the moderation you guys on this site is that, sometimes you both do follow the rules and potato does break them, and other times one of you just throws your weight around and the other just ignores it.

Seriously.
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby strobe_z » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:51 pm

Obviously we differ on what constitutes an off-topic ramble. potato is currently under warning and that means her postings are closely scrutinized. I'm not willing to wait anymore for her to take a thread off-topic before stepping in.

You should notice that I left in the posts that were more or less on-topic.

If you choose to see that as throwing my weight around, that's your choice.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:59 pm

I didn't see the original post or the context and don't care to scrutinize it.

I agree with Strobe that we've seen too much of this to wait around for something to go too far, and I'm sure that's why Strobe made his decision.

As far as throwing weight around, again, Kevin, I assure you that none of us are fascists or tyrants. The truth is that every board I've been on has been far stricter and less forgiving than Strobe and I have been. But if you are looking for justification, consider Putrocca's efforts to try to bring attention to this board and more attention to Tezuka in general, we definitely don't want every thread to fill up with non-sequitur humor. Indeed, I'd gather that is has driven some users away, and certainly frustrated a few of our regulars.

Also please recall that there are places--other boards--that are essentially virtual-social-playgrounds, but this isn't one of them. This certainly isn't the only board I'm on, and when I feel like being more random/surreal/abstract I in general take it elsewhere.

Just food for thought.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:46 am

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Potato » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:30 am

Potato

Return to Offtopic