[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Indiana Jones is awesome

Indiana Jones is awesome

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Indiana Jones is awesome

Postby Kevin » Mon May 26, 2008 4:59 am

If you don't see this movie, then you're a filthy commie :P

GO SEE IT!

it is awesome ^_^
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby cmoon » Mon May 26, 2008 11:12 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby cmoon » Mon May 26, 2008 10:15 pm

Saw the film today. My take on it: Harrison Ford still (mostly) has it, and Karen Allen is a blast. A lot of great nostalgia moments, and the film can honestly said to be entertaining through and through. That aside, I just can't stand the sort of story Lucas has been telling now for a long time, and the plot here was the worst aspect of the film. Knowing now how well Ford could still pull off the Indy routine, I really wish they'd found a better script. The three friends I saw the film with all concurred that the premise of the film was unfortunate. though no one seemed disappointed with with film overall.

Anyway, a very worthy trip down nostalgia lane and then some, but still not sufficient as a stand-alone film. Definitely more a triumph for Ford and Allen than for Lucas or Spielberg.
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Tue May 27, 2008 2:41 am

Spoilers

pfft, dude, Aliens are more realistic plot line than finding a 4,000 year old wooden box that's been gold leafed in pristine condition which melts faces off of Nazi troops :P

And don't force me to bring up the Holy Grail being found in Petra.

Seriously, Indiana Jones was all about ridiculous, ludicrous, idiotic plot lines from day 1!

:D
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Tue May 27, 2008 6:48 am

Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Tue May 27, 2008 10:07 am

cmoon

Postby Potato » Tue May 27, 2008 11:47 am

I think I didn't like the movie when I'd seen it. It'd been shown on TV in several episodes or whatevertheheck. I didn't really pay attention to them, plus I was REALLY tired. So.... Yeah. Now I'm just trying to say something relevant to this topic.
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

Postby Tetsuwan » Tue May 27, 2008 12:02 pm

I thought this movie was great and made perfect sense. Raider of the lost Ark revolved around the Ark of the Covenant that contained the Ten commandments. The second, kinda strayed from the myth and legend path but still stayed on track with its suggested themes of sacrifices and the sacred stones that brought luck and prosperity. The Last Crusade brings back the strong themes of myths and legends by having the story revolve around the Holy Grail.
Spoilers....
The Kingdom of the Crystal skull also follows the myth and legend path of the previous movies I believe. At the begining of the movie you get a glimpse of the where house Indy and the Russians enter.

On the front of the Where house it say 51. Since this is a military base in the middle of the dessert, you can only assume that means this is area 51.
This sets up the alien theme in the movie perfectly.

In fact the movie was supposed to be called Indiana Jones and the Men from Mars. That would also explain the alien theme and the space ship at the end.

I think the alien theme fits perfectly into this movie for these reasons.
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Tue May 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Tue May 27, 2008 8:59 pm

cmoon

Postby Kevin » Wed May 28, 2008 5:20 pm

well whatever. The fact you gave Temple of Doom a B rating pretty much proves to me it's best to drop the subject now. ToD has been rated one of the top worst big budget movies in history.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Mike Toole » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:44 am

I liked Temple of Doom, and I like Crystal Skull. So you're BOTH filthy commies! :P

(jesus Karen Allen has aged well! then again so has Harrison Ford)
Mike Toole

Tezuka reader

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:15 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Return to Offtopic