[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Death to the environment! (split from Astroboy movie topic)

Death to the environment! (split from Astroboy movie topic)

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby cmoon » Fri May 30, 2008 1:10 pm

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Jeffbert » Fri May 30, 2008 2:18 pm

I would have preferred a very different thread title. 8) My position is far from what that title suggests. I am for preservation, but against big-government solutions to problems that may not even exist, likewise problems that are beyond our influence, such as the solar activity cycles, which, if I am not mistaken, are currently not only warming Earth, but Mars. :P

There must be some mistake;

Makes no mention of polar bears' consumption of COCA-COLA. 8)
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Kevin » Fri May 30, 2008 3:33 pm

;D Your post is reminiscent of a guy I often chat with on boondocks official chat website. I'm not dissin ya, it just seemed funny the way you put polar bears and cocoa-cola! It's just what he would've done :P

;D

You do realize that when species have gone extinct in the past, it was rarely due to human intervention killing them off, don't you? It was done either from catastrophic events (volcanos or hurricanes or meteors), or from one species (such as one predator species) replacing another species.

The species which are endangered today are not being replaced by another species, nor are they the victims of natural occurrances.

I seriously advise against quoting any study from scientists in Texas. Texas is not known for their scientific endeavors. In fact, Texas is known for quite the opposite:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/HAW2/english/hi ... #galveston
http://www.history.noaa.gov/stories_tales/cline2.html
http://www.1900storm.com/
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=4857597

Essentially all of the official celebrated scientists said that the storm in 1900 which hit Galveston was nothing to be worried about and was just a regular hurricane - despite clear warning signs. The track record with scientists in Texas has been pretty bad since then. Such as their refuting of natural Oil reserves reaching their peak productions in the 60s/70s, as well as other hurricanes.

Mars is warming up at a rate non-comparable with Earth, btw, which isn't supposed to be happening. It should be comparable once you factor in the Earth's atmosphere, but in some cases Earth warmed up when Mars Didn't.
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Fri May 30, 2008 10:05 pm

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Sat May 31, 2008 6:36 am

I know where you're coming from, but the media of the 21st century, including fox news, isn't half as bad as the media of the 19th century.

Don't forget, William Randolph Hurst completely fabricated reasons which caused us to enter the Spanish American War. It took Bush several years to fabricate enough reasons for us to go into Iraq. It took Hurst months.

That doesn't excuse the yellow journalism going on today with Fox news (much of it having been allowed by President Clinton's deregulations of the Truth in News Reports with the telecommunications act), but, it isn't half as bad as when Hurst was running his penny presses.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:57 am

I find it rather annoying that some people all too frequently make assertions that they expect will be self-evident. Kevin, you are one of those people. Your mention of "yellow journalism" is without any shred of evidence.

8)
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:46 am

I strongly advise you not to defend FOX news. In less than 1 minute of reading your post I was able to bring up this study I had read just last year. There are many many more about FOX news' failure to conduct itself within the parameters of a true news agency.

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:50 pm

So, I guess that Fox news was the one that forged a document that it insisted was typed in the '70s; a document that damned a presidential candidate. It was viewed as genuine for a few weeks, at least by opponents of that candidate, until it was discredited by the font it employed. A font peculiar to modern word processors, a font that was not featured on those old typewriters. So that was Fox? No, it was CBS.

I do not watch any tv news, Fox, or any other. If you are indiscriminant, you can surely find web pages that damn or praise whatever you like. 8) Your bias determines which ones you believe and which you disregard.
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:18 am

CBS Fired Dan Rather and his investigative team after it was exposed.

New York Times fired that journalist who forged stuff and claimed that he was in Iraq.

MEANWhILE did you know, Jeffbert, that Two Reporters were FIRED from Fox news, because they were told to lie about whether or not a republican candidate embroiled in scandal was a democrat candidate? Did you know that they then fought them in court and then because of the telecommunications act which unfortunately Bill Clinton passed, Fox was allowed to win on appeal because there's no more truth in news oversight?

Did you know that Bill O'Reilly has repeatedly forged and misquoted documents?

Did you know the CEO of FOX news came out officially saying: "It's ok to lie if you need to get a story out?"

Really, seriously, please drop the fox news subject. This is not something I play around with whenever it's brought up on debate websites, and I do like you. This discussion always leads to ruin.

PS: 1,000th post
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:40 am

Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:12 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin