[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Death to the environment! (split from Astroboy movie topic)

Death to the environment! (split from Astroboy movie topic)

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:10 pm

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:11 pm

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Last edited by Jeffbert on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:22 pm

You know what jeffbert, I just deleted a post.

It takes a lot to get under my skin, and you managed to do it.

* The debate rules are as follows:

Cite proof relating to the debate topic on hand that supports your position. You didn't. I told you 4 times to do it.

The Debate Topic was defined by you and it was: What grants Federal Authority and to what extent?

There's only 1 thing which grants federal authority - the constitution. Period.

* When you USE proof, DO NOT just give a "Blanketed" catch all phrase -- "It's in there!" Actually CITE THE LINES YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! That's like someone saying: "Oh it's in the bible!" Get off your duff and do your own research, I'm not going to pay attention to any debater who can't manage that much.

* You started that name calling bullplop and it was out of line, period, end of story.

* Don't like being compared with Ann Coulter? Then stop using her arguments! I could care less if you know her or not, you were using arguments she has routinely tried to use without backing any of it up!

And just for future reference:

Common Sense and Reasoning is a substitute for understanding how the law works. It really does not work like that. If it did I wouldn't have spent 2 years in Patent Purgatory because of Vishu the Dimwit Examiner's twisted interpretation of patent law. There is a reason why law courses are so difficult to attend, and why Poly-Sci courses are so easy to breeze through. Law Courses actually teach you how to read the language. Poly Sci courses teach you how to run for office.

Laws are written in a specific manner that rarely commands a functional use of the english language. The constitution and as such, bill of rights, "grants" rights in its inherent structure. They just say it in a very off kilter fashion.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Kuririn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:11 am

Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:23 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:54 am

Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Manetoys » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:27 pm

Man, this is more fun than an episode of Jerry Springer 8)
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:46 pm

I think Kevin and Jeffbert should challenge each other to an Agni Kai (sorry, fanboy Avatar reference).
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:24 pm

I do wonder if either of them can bend lightning or blue-flame like Azula (I love Avatar, too). :D
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:52 am

There's a reason why they call me the Dragon of the West

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eui8Yaq3oqo
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

My appologies to those whose arguments I ignored

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:18 pm

My appologies to cmoon, Huscheli, Manetoys, Tetsu Deinonychus, & Kuririn, whose posts I pretty much ignored. I was too busy arguing with Kevin. To Kevin I am sorry for having continued to argue after it should have been clear that it was pointless. I really do not want to restart this thing, but I did feel that there might have been some animosity between myself and others. I do not want to make enemies. :lol: Hence, this post.
Jeffbert

Postby cmoon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:27 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 am

Hey, cmoon!

Looks like we're getting our Agni-Kai, after all... :lol:

http://forums.tezukainenglish.com/viewtopic.php?t=1801

And, Jeffbert, don't sweat it. I have nothing against you or Kevin because of this argument. Well, I did kinda feel like posting "Ok, give it a rest you two!" at certain points, but I didn't want to be a fun-spoiler.

For what it's worth, I agree with Kevin on the subject of the environment, and about most people being morons (election day 2004, and the popularity of reality shows are proof enough of that for me). But, on the subject of State vs. Federal government, I honestly don't see the difference between the state-specific group of crooked bureaucrats, and the national group of crooked bureaucrats. We're pretty much screwed either way.

That last paragraph, was just me throwing my two cents in for anyone who's curious. Please don't take it personally, and please don't see that as me joining the debate.
Last edited by Tetsu Deinonychus on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:05 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Previous

Return to Offtopic