[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - The "What'cha reading?" thread!

The "What'cha reading?" thread!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:47 am

Just thought I'd mention here, that I just finished reading V for Vendetta a couple days ago.

I highly recommend it.
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Ash » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:47 pm

Finished The Moving Toyshop by Crispin. A poet stumbles in the middle of the night into a toyshop, where he discovers a body. When he returns the next day, the toyshop is gone. As is the body. And the poet suspects that his own sanity has gone too.

Though Crispin has written some "normal" detective novels, this one is a comedy-detective. Looooooot's of coincidences (material witnesses happen to sit behind them in the cafe etc.), quite fun, though. Agatha Christie's Partners in Crime is still the funniest parody IMHO.

Got some Japanese books from a Japanese friend yesterday, Darren Shan's Kaiki Circus (freak circus? Don't know the original titel), so probably going to read them, whilst continuing in Dontokoi Choujougenshou.
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Re-reading Moby Dick
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:10 pm

I'm still reading C. S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia to my mother.
We've completely read a special omnibus edition that contains the first three Narnia books in the chronological order of the series.

1. The Magician's Nephew
2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
3. The Horse and his Boy

We've begun reading the further books in the continuity now. We really love them. :D
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Princess Sapphire » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:55 am

Now we've just finished another special omnibus edition that contains the fourth and fifth Narnia books in chronological order.

4. Prince Caspian
5. The Voyage of the Dawntreader

Now we've just started the next book in the continuity. Wonderful classic fantasy. 8)
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Rock's Sunglasses » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:04 am

I just finished reading Tezuka's Lost World. Within that series, I like the plot of Nextworld more (and...er...of course...Rock having a role in it...:oops:), but they're equal in terms of being fun to read!
Image ImageImage
Rock's Sunglasses

Tezuka Nut

Postby Princess Sapphire » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:49 pm

Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Tetsuwan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:15 pm

I recently bought Nextworld vol 2 and Metropolis at a local book store. This book store specializes in used books. There people sell them books and get credit to the store for them.

I just happened to find these two and picked them up. Anyway, I read Metropolis and am waiting to get Nextworld vol 1 until I read the Nextworld mangas.

I also just received in the mail Sonic the Hedgehog in the Fourth Dimension, and Sonic the Hedgehog in Robotnik's Laboratory. I now own all four Sonic novels:
Sonic the Hedgehog in Robotnik's Laboratory
Sonic the Hedgehog in the Fourth Dimension
Sonic the Hedgehog and the Silicon Warriors
Sonic the Hedgehog in Castle Robotnik
and am now in the process of reading the second book in the series (the Fourth Dimension), then I just have to read the first (Robotnik's Laboratory).
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rock's Sunglasses » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:19 am

Image ImageImage
Rock's Sunglasses

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rock's Sunglasses » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:42 am

Image ImageImage
Rock's Sunglasses

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:17 pm

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby 8) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:27 pm

I'm reading this book :
Sherlock Holmes : The Complete Novels and Stories vol.1
Very good to improve your english when it's not your mother tongue 8)
8)

Tezuka reader

Postby Kevin » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:17 pm

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby 8) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:56 am

I've only read the first story (A Study in Scarlet) and begun the second (The Sign of the Four).
I didn't thought it would be so easy to understand :D
8)

Tezuka reader

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:30 am

Mum and I will be finished the Chronicles of Narnia soon.
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic