[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - The "What'cha reading?" thread!

The "What'cha reading?" thread!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Princess Sapphire » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Having finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis to my mother a good while ago, we recently decided I should now read The Lord Of The Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien to her beginning with the official prequel, The Hobbit.

We've read the first 2 chapters so far and love it so dearly. :D
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby AlienAngel » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:34 pm

AlienAngel

Postby Potato » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:46 am

The Tempest - William Shakespeare.

<3
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Jeffbert » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:26 pm

I am currently reading The Land of Mist By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. It is #3 of 5 of the Prof. Challenger series. Until I found this website, I only knew about The Lost World. Anyway, this is a rather sad addition to the series, because Doyle lost 6 close relatives in WWI, and apparently had begun seeing Mystics in hopes of communicating with his dead son. He then wrote this story as a defense of spiritualism; a thing that he denounced before those deaths.
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:05 pm

Sir ACD is an awesome guy ^_^ I should start reading his books.
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Princess Sapphire » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:48 pm

Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:38 am

Here are the official ACD website's listings:

Here is The University of Adelaide's listing:

Jeffbert

Postby Potato » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:41 am

Potato

Postby Princess Sapphire » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:02 pm

Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Kevin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Jeffbert

Postby Potato » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Potato

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:09 pm

I finally finished The Land of the Mists, which had it not been for the unforeseen plot twist, I would have finished in late November. Now, I have started the 4/5 Professor Challenger adventure, The Disintegration Machine. :P

I am also reading Ranma & Inuyasha manga online; & hope to finish soon.
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:35 am

Awesome job, jeffbert :D
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:43 pm

The Disintegration Machine was a short story with an amusing ending. Thanks to 's online library, I have no need for a library card! :lol:
Jeffbert

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic