[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Avatar: The Last Airbender - Sozin's Comet SPOILERS

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Sozin's Comet SPOILERS

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:20 am

I didn't read the opening posts because I haven't seen the finale yet (I watch it on the "Nicktoons Channel" instead of regular Nickelodeon so I'm just starting season 3).

But, I have read the last few posts, and I gotta agree that what happened at the end of season 2 was totally wrong.

I did, however, like the campfire episode (most recent one I saw, actually). I liked seeing all the "villains" hanging out and being relatively normal. But, it shouldn't have been necessary. I also don't like the Zuko/Mai thing (I was kinda hoping to see more of that nice girl he went out with in Ba Sing Se).

Interestingly enough, a fanfiction writer named "A.Amishi" wrote a pretty good story that basically amounts to "What should have happened". It's called Destiny. I'll throw you a link: ().

BTW I read WAY too much fanfiction.

Still, I have to say I'm enjoying season 3, so far. I know I'm a year behind everyone else, but that's ok by me. Avatar is probably my 3rd favourite recent cartoon right now (after Code Lyoko, and Invader Zim), and it's hard to screw up a good show like that.

But, I'll bet M. Night Suck-alan is up to the task. :cry:
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:12 am

Well I just got internet back up in my new home in LA, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this one, BUT...

While I'm not going to say that both of you are wrong about the end of season 2, at least consider that for myself and many other Avatar fans I know, the end of season 2 is one of the best parts of the whole series.

It is always difficult to argue whether something is artistically right or wrong, and this is exasperated by the fact that we are looking at a season finale where everything is supposed to go wrong and you are left with a cliff hanger.

Ultimately though, rationality goes out the window. Either a plot line and its characters work for you or they don't. For myself, the end of season 2 is one of the highlights of the whole series (I'm still not quite sure if the series finale exceeds it or not--but it is certainly incredible one way or the other), so to say it is flawed, or broken or whatever is ULTIMATELY your opinion (haha, you knew this already.)

...but, just wanted to remind you (in case you forgot), the whole rest of us, like, have opinions too :)

Oh, and yes, rewatched the 4-part finale again today. Absolutely phenomenal. Can't wait to actually own this whole series on DVD. So much of it only works when watched in continuity (there's stuff in the finale which didn't click as well until I rewatched earlier episodes.)

Truly a great, great series.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Tetsu Deinonychus » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:35 am

Never meant to imply that someone shouldn't like it. Just simply stating I don't.

Actually, it was only Zuko's decision that I didn't like. I thought the rest of that two-parter was quite good. I loved the bit about chakras. Although, the order that one should open them is actually reversed from the order depicted on the show (kundalini flows upward, you should have all upper chakra open before releasing your bottom "root" chakra so it has a place to flow. You could really screw yourself up, otherwise. Also, sometimes a chakra can be too open).

Just thought Zuko siding with his sister was poorly conceived, and out of character, and sacrificed important character development for a cheap "twist for twist's sake".

But, I certainly don't expect everyone else to agree with me.
Tetsu Deinonychus

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:17 pm

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Previous

Return to Offtopic