[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - "That One"

"That One"

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

"That One"

Postby Kevin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:14 am

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:22 pm

Jeffbert

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:19 am

I found a Reuters article that puts a bit of perspective on this:

Apparently McCain was mocking Obama's messianic status with "the one," & "that one" may have been in that same spirit. However, I am sure that nothing will satisfy Kevin.
Jeffbert

Postby cmoon » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:38 am

I really don't think McCain is racist. I still get a kick out of the 'you people' line from Perot. We know Perot probably meant nothing by it, but there it is.

Seriously, I'm getting pretty sick of the race card--but I've also done quite a bit to ensure that I live in places of diversity where racism isn't such a big issue.

If you want to kill racism, never mention it again, stop giving it so much attention. When kids today are surveyed (you know, the one's who use the 'n' word all the time?), they accuse our generation of being racist. They are, for the most part, already over it.

So, how long are we going to keep this racist BS alive or is it going to take all of us dying and a generation growing up without having it pushed in their faces for racism to come to an end.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby David » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:17 pm

David

Postby cmoon » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:13 pm

cmoon

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Jeffbert

Postby cmoon » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:25 pm

cmoon

Postby Kevin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:54 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Kevin, you and others seem to jump to the conclusion that people who support McCain including himself must do so because Obama is black; while conveniently disregarding the all too obvious reason of Obama being a radical Liberal. McCain just could not have been disdainful about Obama's politics, he had to be disdaiful of his race.

You said, "We all know McCain is a misogynist," which must be obvious because he chose a woman as his running mate. Why do you make such statements without feeling the need to support them by citing evidence?
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:03 pm

No, Jeffbert. I'm not jumping to that conclusion. However, McCain is doing his damndest to infuriate the voter base. It wasn't until last weekend that McCain actually looked at the kind of racist, stereotyping hate campaign he had been running.

Meanwhile, Palin is working up her crowds to a point where they're yelling "KILL THEM!" at the end of her crowd prompts.

There's no excuse for it, and there's no excuse to defend it.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:48 pm

I still feel the 'that one' statement was incredibly innocent, and recent statements by McCain support this view. I mean, think about it, McCain's a 70-something year old dude who has seen a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he could go back he'd opt out of the whole race. I don't think he likes how evil the thing has become lately, and would like to see the whole race go back to a gentlemanly sort of thing.

Kevin> This is where you and I differ (again) on what we chose to read into stuff. I've seen the 'that one' quote several times now, and I really don't feel the racism in it. I think Obama is a great speaker and can often weasel his way around McCain even when McCain is more knowledgeable. The 'that one' line felt more like a jab...the way some people are treating Obama like the golden child, but McCain wanted to point out his voting record didn't support the perfection that Obama sometimes exudes.

Still, if people want to believe in racism, then there it is. The problem is, it can't be proven, yet once you say it, the tarnish can never be removed. Perhaps this is why I tend to error on the side of caution.

All that said, it must be infuriating to be in McCain's shoes and know he is being soundly beaten by someone who is just that much younger and faster (and has more charisma.)
cmoon

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:31 am

Or is he? I have heard of a thing called , as bad as that is, it may indeed be responsible for at least some of Obama's lead. I believe that if people knew that his voting record on taxe issues was opposite to his campaign promises, they might think twice about voting for him. 8)
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:18 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:23 pm

Jeffbert

Next

Return to Offtopic