[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - "That One"

"That One"

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Kevin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:52 pm

cmoon: before you read this know I am not directly attacking you. I am in debate mode. :D I hope I don't play too rough :D
So you think that it's ok for New York with a population of 19,297,729 to have more voting power in who is the leader of our country than:
1. Alaska - 683,478
2. Colorado - 4,861,515
3. Deleware - 864,764
4. Hawai'i - 1,283,388
5. Idaho - 1,499,402
6. Kansas - 2,775,997
7. Montana - 957,861
8. Nebraska - 1,774,571
9. New Mexico - 1,969,915
10. North Dakota - 639,715
11. South Dakota - 796,214
12. Vermont - 621,254
13. Wyoming - 522,830

That's a total population of - 19250904 - If we held an Election where Popular Vote alone chose our leader, then New York could easily put in place a President who could overpower every single major issue important to the 13 states you see above. Even if 51% of every single state mentioned above voted against New York, and New York had 48% of its voters voting with those 13 states - that 52% and collective 49% would be more than enough to vote for any candidate that the majority of the states did not like.

You say I'M wrong? You say that we're only choosing at the FEDERAL level?

cmoon, I only used Farmers as one of the examples, but for you to know NOTHING about Federally mandated Farming Assistance bills that pass over the president's desk every major election year is outrageous. You of ALL people should know about that. It is the SENATE - HOUSE and PRESIDENT who all determine what happens on a federal level for our:

Exports
Imports
Federal Grant and Loan Assistance
Federal Land Rights

Those all supercede the concept of State Run Land and Water Rights.

DAM projects are actually negotiated on the FEDERAL level. While the populace may actually vote on it, the policies of the Federally Controlled and Operated Federal EPA - BLM higher offices, and senate water committees can actually BLOCK dam creation, requiring presidential approval.

For you to think that all Water and Land Rights issues are internal state affairs is just beyond me. Now there are a LOT of these issues which DO result in being a State Run Issue, however, they can just as easily be halted and reviewed on the FEDERAL level depending on the type of dispute.

To Top it off you don't seem to realize that Eminent Domain is a Federal Issue here in the real "mid-west". The eastern seaboard has been trying for YEARS to store their nuclear waste in my back yard. These are federally mandated waste transport and storage laws that have been passed through the desk of the president.

We had a Boston Tea Party in protest to a single Highly Densitied location's passage of overzealous FEDERAL tax laws against our colonies. For you to suggest we should rule everything based off of a population vote is just ludicrous.

I will NEVER vote for a pure populace driven vote because some areas of the US cannot EVER gain representation in our electoral college based off of a popular vote. That is Taxation Without Representation. That is EXACTLY what happened when LONDON superceded all of the colonist representations in Parliament.
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Kevin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:53 pm

cmoon I wish you were online right now. - Ed Shultz is talking in relative detail about the Farm Bill and why it's bad to have massive conglomerates of farms, how it screwed us before.

8)

Big Eddie knows his business about the Federal Farm Bill and what not. I just wish he'd go into more detail on his blog.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:41 pm

Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:01 am

no.

:P
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:03 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:24 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:34 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:52 pm

cmoon

Postby Kevin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:34 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:09 pm

cmoon

Postby Potato » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:16 pm

Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

Postby Jeffbert » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:30 am

[quote="Jeffbert"]So sorry this is so late, but I have been busy.
[quote="Kevin"]What I think is amusing from a republican like you is that you didn't read factchecker.org when quoting the site
Last edited by Kevin on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:33 am

PS: Jeffbert, I didn't respond to every line of text you posted because I am running a little late on time ^_^
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic