[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - T28

T28

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

T28

Postby Tetsuwan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:37 pm

Imagi has released a short trailer of what they hope to make after Astroboy.

The main page (second link) takes a long time to load (I had to refresh the page a few times before I could view the trailer). The Youtube one loads right away.
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:30 pm

What is the relationship between Gigantor and Giant Robo (anime and live action series). Plot wise they seem like the same thing. Are they considered related to one another or is Giant Robo just a knock-off of Gigantor? Certainly Gigantor came first.

I guess people just can't get enough of kids with giant robot allies. That said, I think the design of this US movie looks a bit wobbly, but I haven't really taken to a lot of 3D animation yet. I think there are still a lot of companies figuring it out.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:40 pm

You know what irritates me about this shows, they have to have a kid telling a robot what to attack.

It's a freakin robot, it probably already knows what to attack.
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Fauna » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:06 am

@ cmoon: Giant Robo and Gigantor/Tetsujin were made by the same man. I think Imagi is trying to blend Tetsujin with the 1990's Giant Robo anime.

@ Kevin: If you think the voice-activation watch is crazy, you should know that originally, the robots were controlled by a small remote control box!

I'm actually a big Tetsujin fan, so I'm looking forward to this movie. :D I'm kind of annoyed that Shotaro (that kid) looks way too old, but they probably made him older to appeal to a wider audience. Tetsujin/Gigantor isn't well recognized these days, so they must be trying to come up with a mainstream storyline.

Also, the villain is a regular Tetsujin character named Dr. Franken. Although, he wasn't as big of a tyrant in the original show.
Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:17 am

ok I'll try to give it a shot ^_^
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby cmoon » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:27 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:07 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Tetsuwan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jeffbert » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Jeffbert

Postby Fauna » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:39 pm

@Tetsuwan: Depending on the series, Shotaro's age bounces between 10 and 12. It's not too big of a deal, though.

Back to my post - I've gone to and it appears he's working on new designs for the human characters. (I like the idea of the movie so far, it's just that having Shotaro look like he came out of Advent Children really annoys me).

So here's a bunch of Tetsujin people so that everybody knows what I'm talking about:

(L-R) Chief Otsuka (Inspector Blooper), Dr. Shikishima (idontremember), and Shotaro Kaneda (Jimmy Sparks). They're pretty much the three humans who are expected in any incarnate of Tetsujin.

The original Dr. Franken, otherwise the evil guy in the movie trailer. I found it a little shocking that he turned into such a megalomaniac, he's usually rather...timid. But he did make Black Ox, the other giant robot that Tetsujin clashes with in the trailer.

This isn't too important, but I really wanna see Kenji Murasame (or Dick Strong) appear in the movie. In the 60's version, he's a secret agent, while in the 2004 version, he's an ex-spy who wants to destroy Tetsujin for causing the deaths of his brothers.
Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Return to Offtopic