[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - I don't wanna live in the USA anymore...

I don't wanna live in the USA anymore...

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

I don't wanna live in the USA anymore...

Postby mokonafan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:13 pm

Seriously. I don't.
The government is far too involved in the lives of the people and has become corrupt, the nation has gone from a 'freedom and equality for all' stand (Which never really existed in the first place, mind you) to a standard hypocrisy, and we're selling our economic soul to communist china.

Would someone like to tell me how that benefits the nation and is a good idea full of common sense (Which is surprisingly uncommon)?

And as far as corrupt government goes, You don't have politicians trying to do a good job anymore. You have them scrambling to stay in office and keep their money and power.
'Freedom and Equality for All' makes me laugh now, because we had that idea in the beginning, then it slowly morphed into a culture where anyone who says anything that could be remotely criticizing to a black person is considered racist. The media favors blacks and gays way to much. I'm all for ethical treatment of any race of people and humanitarianism and gay rights and all, but not when we get all of this hypocritical crap and just take it like it's nothing.
And what really makes me pissed off is that the American people can do something about all this, but they never do.
This whole country is a veritable hell now.

I'm sorry, it's just... y'know ranting off and everything. Maybe I sound too much like a 'rabid republican' (That's what my mom called me when I told her this).
....(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ☆Wanna-be mermaid since 1994☆ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧....
mokonafan

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:55 pm

I am neither black nor gay, but I do want to state that your post seems to liken them to one another. I doubt this is your intent, though. One cannot help being born black or whatever race, for that matter, but homosexuality is something one can, in theory anyway, avoid. Oh, I know all about the argument about "being born gay" but that is no more than an irrefutable hypothesis; it must be true because nobody can prove it false. 8) The burden of proof logically rests upon the one who affirms, not the one who denies ().

Back to the point, I agree that the USA has undergone radical changes since its birth; some good, some not. That a nation whose founding document stated that people formed governments for specific purposes and as such they ceded certain powers to those governments. E. G., that those governments derive their powers from the consent of the people whom they govern, etc. not the other way around; has become a nation that seems happy to allow the government to sieze as much power as its politicians desire, is very disturbing ().

That some people read the 2nd Amendment, & interpet it as stating that the government gives the people the right to keep & bear arms, rather than acknowledging that as free men, they by default have that right & the Congress shall not make laws that interfere with or infringe upon that right (), is also disturbing.

That a Congress all but ignorant of sound economic theory has through its short-sighted meddling in the nation's economy caused the banking & other problems that it has recently blamed upon the free market, and has tried to solve by more meddling, is also disturbing ().

Likewise, that Congress' scientific illiteracy has been at the forefront of its doom & gloom scare tactics that have been used to dupe a public equally scientific illiterate into supporting legislation designed to address such illusory crises as global warming or ozone depletion (), but that will result in the growth of government and the decline in our freedom, is very disturbing.

Worse yet, many citizens are duped by these silver-tongued charlatans into voting for candidates who support these unconstitutional usurptations of powers that "are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people" ().

But, where else can one live with any better circumstances than here?
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby mokonafan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:12 pm

mokonafan

Tezuka reader

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:26 pm

New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby mokonafan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:17 pm

Sorry.

That wasn't my intention. :oops:
mokonafan

Tezuka reader

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:42 pm

i know :D
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Jeffbert

Postby mokonafan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:07 pm

mokonafan

Tezuka reader

Postby Kevin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:10 pm

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby mokonafan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:45 pm

mokonafan

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:55 am

It is not that I expected that anyone could win a political argument against Kevin; that would require his admitting defeat. But that I really hated to see a new member being intimidated by an established one.

So, forgive me for my intrusion, but on the other hand, I myself posted comments with which I think Kevin disagrees. :mrgreen:

8)
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:23 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:09 am

Your guy won the election; the Democrats have majorities in both the House & the Senate; why do you "have quite a bit of pent up rage at the political machine right now"?
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:47 am

Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:14 pm

I believe you would have such a website. But did you not create a thread the day after the election titled "happy days are here again" or something similar? :wink: Were you not elated that O won the Whitehouse?
Jeffbert

Next

Return to Offtopic