Box Sets - How Picky Are You (Re Box Condition)?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Would you return a (readily available but at the same time not exactly cheap) box set if there was very minor box damage?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 3

Box Sets - How Picky Are You (Re Box Condition)?

Postby sgupta » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi all,

Just a curious question. I'm collecting Astro Boy box sets, and one (of the 60's series ultra collection) has minor external box damage. It's not terrible and certainly nothing I worry about in terms of how it looks, etc (easily hideable) - just one edge is a bit crinkled up, and fortunately not even an edge with art on it - a blank edge. The discs should certainly all be fine and if it was any other product or even most DVDs it wouldn't even merit a second thought. Truth be told, most DVD sets have issues somewhere with the packaging; if not a crinkle here or there in the box, then maybe a broken disk holding tab in one of the cases, etc.

So, my question is, how picky are you? Would you return it, or just live with it? My primary reason for owning the set is obviously to watch it and have it as part of my collection. Of course it crossed my mind it could be valuable someday, but at the same time, given its widely availabe and there may even be future releases more complete, I sort of doubt it (though you never know - it *is* a really nice set). Plus I'm not sure how something like a minor box defect affects value. What do you think?

Thanks all.
sgupta

Tezuka reader

Return to Offtopic