[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Any comic artists on here?

Any comic artists on here?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Any comic artists on here?

Postby theorah » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:09 pm

In spirit of Tetsuwan's post, thought I'd share my own webcomics, and encourage other people to do the same!
Ive been drawing comics for years and years, but admittidly thanks to Tezuka my style of drawing took quite a radical change (I think for the better!).
My stuff used to be quite typical/mainstream manga looking, but after falling in love with Tezuka I began to exagerate line and characters more, I really dig how he does that with his art. Alot of people say my art style is unusual, but they obviously havnt read much Tezuka stuff XD
In terms of story I'm also quite inspired by how he used narrative to tell the themes/make us think, rather then pushing any themes in more obvious ways such as having characters talk about it or highlighting them from the start.
So check it out if you want =3

So, does anyone else here draw comics or is influenced by Tezuka's art?[/url]
theorah

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:36 am

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby theorah » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:29 pm

theorah

Tezuka reader

Postby Tetsuwan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Nicely done, I really like the expressions you get across with your characters. I actually have a web comic of my own as well (I posted a link to it already but a little more promoting never hurt anyone), RingaRaggedy.com. For my comic I like to take influence from cartoons in general. I like to include a very colorful palette, and simplistic character designs (referencing cartoons). I also throw in a homage here and there for fun.

In case your interested here's a link to a web site where a whole bunch of web cartoonists gather (sorta like a facebook for web cartoonists). . They also provide free promotion for all member who submit a web banner for their site and place a link to WebComics Inc on your web comics site. The promotion is really neat as they have a network team go across the web to various outlets promoting your site.
With every life starts a new beginning. With every new story starts a new chapter
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby theorah » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:59 pm

theorah

Tezuka reader

Postby redcloud9 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:20 pm

Nice work...

Here are mine...

redcloud9

Postby Tetsuwan » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:36 pm

@ theorah

My web comic consists of a full on story. The way I go about it is I create the comic book first then from the comic I extract the panels and make the web comic around those. My process usually involves, drawing out the page first on paper, then scanning it into my computer where I edit it, fix it up and color it, then I use Comic Life to recreate the page. I then save it as multiple TIFFs and print out the comic as a mini comic, which I'm now selling at two local comic stores (and directly through my site).

For the web comic, I take the page I created in Comic Life and alter it so it will read easier on a web browser (this usually involves cropping some panels and and a panel or two missing). Next I save it as Tiff, then I take the Tiff and do some minor adjustments to the strip (adding a copyright symbol among them), then save the final product as a Jpeg. I then take the Jpeg and upload it to my site Sunday morning.

So while I have the web comic I also have the mini comic which I'm selling through some local comic stores. The comic contain extra pages including character data pages, retrospectives, and the latter issues have side stories that don't appear in the web comic.

In fact some of the earlier issues have recaps by some of the main characters, and almost every issue ends with a little cliffhanger. My comic acts as a narrative of Ringa's life, and as with life it can't be interrupted and just keeps going.

@ redcloud9

Nice job, I really like the coloring you use. It has a water color look to it which gives it a parchment like effect.

Edit: Almost forgot, the site I mentioned in the previous post Webcomics Inc, now has a news portal where you can submit your site and post updates about it when they take place.
With every life starts a new beginning. With every new story starts a new chapter
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

comics are GOOD

Postby s0tizz » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:18 pm

hey there, since I want to become a comic author (quite ambitious, I know ^^') I read this topic and took a look at Theorah's work. You've got a very personnal drawing, that's true. It's way more interesting than usual manga style.
If I can ask, how do you manage with webcomics? that's something I've never paid too much attention to, but I'll probably have to use them sooner or later...
I'll look at the others' works another time, I promise! I have stuff to do right now........ -_- I wish I could just spend my life drawing comics...
s0tizz

Tezuka reader

Postby mokonafan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:26 pm

I love the "London Underground" comic!! I've found it hard to run across a lot of comics that deal with that time period or are set there.
And your art style is really cool, it's very different from anything that I've seen. ^^

I started a web comic recently. :)

It's based on the "Dororo" manga, which is why the title is "Legend of the 100-Demon Boy," which, to my knowledge, is the english translation of Hyakkimaru's name.
....(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ☆Wanna-be mermaid since 1994☆ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧....
mokonafan

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:14 pm

So far, so good, but with only 4 pages, it is very hard to tell. :lol:
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby mokonafan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:45 pm

....(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ☆Wanna-be mermaid since 1994☆ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧....
mokonafan

Tezuka reader

Re: Any comic artists on here?

Postby volpino » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi! I'd like to invite you to read my webcomic.
I'm influenced by Tezuka, so I thought you might enjoy it.

It's updated on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Hope you like it! :D
volpino

Return to Offtopic