[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Learning new langueges...

Learning new langueges...

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Learning new langueges...

Postby sailor kitty » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:00 am

Does anyone here study a different languege(Excuse the misspelling, I never learnt how to spell that word, ^^;;)? Does anyone have any tips on how to study? I have no idea how to study foriegn langueges...

I don't know how to study things, so I've been learning by playing the Black Jack game together with my kana sheet, and trying my best to understand some of the Tezuka-manga I have in japanese.. It's not easy, it's probably not the best method, but it's so rewarding to find that you can read and recognize some words!

So, does anyone else study?
sailor kitty

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:00 pm

I am able to read/speak English, French and am currently studying Japanese at the university in Z
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Ash » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:19 am

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Ash » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:28 pm

I did Classical Japanese earlier this year and actually liked it, but then again, I have something for older languages. And we did it quite rudimentary, so I might've missed the really nasty stuff. Still, reading bits and pieces of Taketori Monegatari and the Heike Monogatari was quite interesting.
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby sailor kitty » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:31 pm

[quote] I am able to read/speak English, French and am currently studying Japanese at the university in Z
sailor kitty

Tezuka reader

Postby Ash » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:09 am

Ash

Tezuka Nut

Return to Offtopic