[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - I'm sure Viz is going to publish Urusei Yatsura...

I'm sure Viz is going to publish Urusei Yatsura...

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Will Viz actually publish Urusei Yatsura?

Yes
50%
Never
50%

Total votes : 4

I'm sure Viz is going to publish Urusei Yatsura...

Postby strobe_z » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:08 am

...now that I placed my order for the last three volumes in French.

No sooner do I click the "buy" button at Amazon.ca when I notice . Everything seemed to be the same old same old until the very last post where "Yusaku Godai" mentions that Viz has suddenly taken an interest in asking scanlation sites to take down UY scans.

Now, if anyone else here is a Rumiko Takahashi fan... you're welcome. I waited and waited, and hoped beyond hope that Viz would announce they would print UY again. Then, when I noticed that the Glenat editions of UY in French started going in and out of availability at Amazon.ca, I got a bit nervous about them going out of print so I finally gave up hope and started buying the French bunko editions.

Sure enough, one last click to buy volumes 16, 17 and 18... and I get the first tangible clue in years that Viz has the slightest interest in publishing UY. Viz has ignored the high profile "ILM" scanlation project - the fan project to finish the series that Viz started - for years. However, by taking the time to start sending out "take down" messages, I read this as Viz clearing the way for a UY release. Nothing else makes sense.... especially when you consider that me buying the entire Black Jack series in French was directly responsible for Vertical actually publishing Black Jack in English within six months of me completing that series as well.

I suppose with Inuyasha winding down and Rin-ne barely off the ground, it makes sense that Viz would finally have no other choice than to dust off UY if they wanted to publish Takahashi manga regularly (something they've been doing pretty much for the last 25 years).

<sigh>

I suppose I could still cancel the Amazon.ca order... but with my luck that would mean Viz would announce that due to legal complications, they will never publish UY and then Glenat would also announce that the UY bunko editions were out of print and could never be reprinted (due to the same legal complications)... and I'd be stuck with an incomplete set.

:twisted:
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Kevin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 pm

YAY For people like Strobe who can afford to buy tons of books ;D
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Jeffbert » Fri May 07, 2010 5:53 pm