[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - My Novel - John Rocket - Available Now!

My Novel - John Rocket - Available Now!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

My Novel - John Rocket - Available Now!

Postby Kevin » Sat May 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi guys!

I'm posting because I'm friendly with many of you on the board and I think you guys are awesome. Maybe you'd like to see my book :)

I'm self-publishing my novel "John Rocket vol. 1".

My book is about a black superhero in 1953 married to a deaf white woman. They live in a city near Denver, Colorado.

The superhero is a semi-mild mannered type guy when it comes to himself, but a tough when it comes to protecting people he loves :D

His superpower - he's got a suit that he built with his own intelligence.

Basically he's a result of an argument I had with a couple of people who work at DC comics. The argument boiled down to me saying that the comics seem to be minstrelling minority characters without giving them any personality. Black men are always angry or victims of physical abused at home. Asian men are always super intelligent but under appreciated. Lesbians are "I am woman hear me roar, oogle my barbie body but don't touch!" Etc...

Basically they create these 2 dimensional characters as cardboard cut outs without any substance.

The argument basically boiled down to the DC employees saying nobody cares about substance and challenging me to make my own superhero.

So I did.

I wanted to tell you about this so you would understand that I try to make the book more about the character than what neat gadget he has up his sleeve.

If you are interested here's the official website:
http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/johnrocket/

I have it in several local bookstores, but you can order it wherever a bookstore has access to Ingram distribution (which is a world wide distributor).

The isbns are:
ISBN 13: 978-0-9844980-0-0
ISBN 10: 0-9844980-0-1

The official titles are:
John Rocket - Friday, March 6th 1953 through Wednesday, April 15th 1953 Bonus: Saturday, October 4th 1952 through Thursday, October 9th 1952
and
John Rocket vol. 1

Some more info can be found here:
http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/johnrocket/about.html

If you want to support a comic book store the one I frequent is the only CBS that has copies for sale. Ordering from them guarantees a signed and personalized copy. :)
http://atlantiscomicsonline.blogspot.com/
Just let me know first if you buy from them :)

If you wanna Q&A me feel free :)

ty for your time ^_^
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Jeffbert » Mon May 31, 2010 3:47 am

So it is a novel, not a graphic novel?
Jeffbert

Postby Kevin » Mon May 31, 2010 10:16 pm

Yes, it is a normal novel ^_^
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:28 pm

btw if any of you want to read a *.pdf version before deciding I can email one to you :)
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

Return to Offtopic