[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Other hobbies

Other hobbies

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Path » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:49 am

We will meet again, when the loops of time touch.
Path

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:17 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Path » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:26 pm

Path

Tezuka reader

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:33 pm

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Amrith » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:43 pm

Amrith

Tezuka Expert

Postby Path » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:49 pm

Path

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:23 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Pathfinder » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:12 pm

my hobbies?? I have hobbies?!?!?! I'm not just a mindless Otaku that sits in their room watching Anime, reading manga and eating cheap ramen?!? *thinks* oh..yeah... I guess I do have a few hobbies....

I enjoy learning about history and studying different cultures. The Tudor war period in England is one of my favorites to study aside from Ancient Greece, Egypt and Native American civilizations. I also like studying different types of Religion... mystical things are also extremely fasinating to me... same thing with shinny objects though.

I like to learn other languages... despite how bad I am at it. *Sweat drops* I'd like to be fluent in more than four or five some day... and I've promised myself I will be. Perferably (other than English) French, Japanese, Spanish, Sign lanugage, Micmac or Italian... maybe Chinese and Gaelic since they're so beautiful. I'd also like to pick up Russian or German.. or both. ^_^ I'm also working on writing my own language for the novel I'm currently writing.

I'm working on an online webcomic... not published yet though... but I guess that means I love drawing too. yeah, I draw all the time. Its fun. ^_^

I'm the lead vocalist in a band called Emanon...which isn't really a hobbie so much as it is like a part time job that hopefully will become more full time as we get better and start playing places. I'm a guitarist and a self taught keyboardist. I've been a vocalist for about 11 years, always in the auditioned groups at school; Chamber choir, Womens choir (they wouldn't let me join Men's Choir), Selected Choir, Concert Choir... I got a few solos in my time. Except the year I took a break because singing was loosing its appeal... but that changed back to loving it everyday as always after that year. Singing is my favorite passtime. I also write my own lyrics and music.

I'm also an actor and an amatuer voice actor. I've done about ten different plays including a few lead roles; Titania in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and Rosalind in "As You Like It". Mostly my VA skills come from telling my two neices bedtime stories. I'd like to at some point do it professionally.

I have a few collections... I collect pins and buttons. The stranger things written on them the better. I also collect penguin stuff... okay, I was a fan of the flightless black and white birds BEFORE they were popular. I've adored them since I was five and saw some Rockhopper Penguins at the New England Aquarium. I have a decent sized anime collection... action figures, dolls, manga, jewelry, dvds, plushies, Sailor moon's princess wand, doushingis hell I even managed to find a Sailor Moon costume at spencers to put in the collection at one point.. however... those darling neices I mentioned... the eldest wanted to be sailormoon.... and tore it to peices. :cry: ..oh well I prefer my own costumes anyway... -_-; the prize of my collection... cant deside between my second addition Ronin Warriors action figures or my Sailor Moon Alarmclock. but I do have a favorite anime... I'm a hardcore Samurai Troopers fan (ronin warriors if you're from the US). I always try to get stuff from that series.. but alas its always so hard to find. I did manage to pick up a doushigi at AB05 though... they're almost impossible to find at cons these days.

I'm a rabid-er- avid... cosplayer. I won a Judge's award at Anime Boston 06 as Zelgadis graywords from Slayers. I love that series a lot and was very saddened to see that at the next con I wore that cosplay too I was the only Slayers character... however I was being followed by all the Slayers fans... :wink: I've also been bakery shoppe Chii from Chobits, Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing, Yuki Eiri and Shuichi Shindou from Gravitation, I'm working on a Judy Winchester from the same show, a Mimiru from .hack, and a Faye Valentine from Cowboy bepop.... I loath cosplaying bishojo... I'm more of a bishonen type cosplayer but that usually leaves me with no partners... both Mimiru and Faye are because some one asked me to do it. I love cosplaying in groups more so than just by myself... its more fun to have others to play off of.. then again when working solo its easier to make the fan girls swoon.

I'm an anime junkie.... I'm also a conwhore... I attend a few cons a year... Anime Boston, Another Anime con, Kamecon and my own private one; Candycon. I'm also supposed to be Med staff at Katsucon this year if I can get down there. I also run other cosplay events through the year because I'm such an addict that and I get asked to do these things these days.
"Earth has too many enemies, I will leave this planet! Wahahahahahaha!" ~ Dr. Black Jack
Pathfinder

Tezuka reader

Postby mippa » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:59 pm

My turn! Anime is actually a subset of my initial hobby and field of study, which is animation. Tezuka is actually a fairly new interest of mine, though I saw Unico way back as a weeeee one.

I do fanart--quite a bit, though my is still small, it's because all my older stuff is on CDs back in Texas. I am currently working on publishing a Digimon Adventure doujinshi set for next Winter's Tokyo ComiKet.

I do a lot of writing, both anime reviews at (I am on the primary editorial board--and yes I am a Tezuka representative! *raises the roof*) and dabbling in fanfiction and original work, as well as several articles on animation in general and other facets of Asian pop culture.

I do voice-over work, mosly unprofessional but with the occassional professional work. I am a singer (mostly in Japanese, an example of my amateur mixing is available .

I speak Japanese and a little bit of Mandarin Chinese, as well as a bit of Spanish. I cook, swim, and do public speaking seminars often...

I have a collection of over 400 Japanese CDs, ranging from anime soundtracks to the obscure old 70s Jpop to enka.

...what else...

I love cats...I practically worship them, I love them so much...I am sure more things will come to me.

@Pathfinder: If I was ever involved in a fandub or voice-over project, would you consider sending me a few demos of your real and other voices? I am very curious. ^^ And SAMURAI TROOPERS ZOMG!!!

I also have over 150 Black JackxPinoco doujinshi, and even more Digimon Adventure doujinshi...<3 If anyone ever needs doujinshi, I am your girl. ^^v (Ask Putrocca.)

I will be doing more anime-related events this year though. =3 Including my first anime cosplay. (I have cosplayed as Kim Possible before, but hee...)[/url]
mippa

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:13 pm

Last edited by Huscheli on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby mippa » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:14 pm

When I get some time I can always scan them. Well. Some of them. It would take days for me to scan EVERYTHING.

edit AND THE KITTIES ZOMGSQUEEEE!!!!
mippa

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:23 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby mippa » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:29 pm

mippa

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:36 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran