[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tattoo Ideas!

Tattoo Ideas!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Tattoo Ideas!

Postby LonLonMarin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:28 am

Hi everyone! I just joined today and I thought this would be the perfect place to discuss a tattoo I've been wanting.I really want a tattoo that honours Osamu Tezuka and his characters and I thought of one that I think would be really awesome, but it'd be big so it would have to go on my back. That wouldn't be a problem, except I'm such a whimp I could barely handle getting my forearm tattooed, I don't think I'd be able to handle getting my back tattooed. So, can anyone suggest a beautiful tattoo that would properly honour Osamu Tezuka, but still be able to fit on my forearm, upper arm, or thigh/calf even?
My idea was to have Buddha underneath the tree where he achieved enlightenment with the deer king one his one side and maybe the Phoenix on his other. He'd be giving a sermon to all of Osamu Tezuka's characters; some would be listening, some wouldn't, Pinoko would be disinterested and lovingly staring at Black Jack, etc, etc, with a couple deer thrown in.
Like I said though, I can't handle a lot of pain and I know I wouldn't be able to handle my back (specifically my spine) getting tattooed, so any ideas?
LonLonMarin

Re: Tattoo Ideas!

Postby strobe_z » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:29 am

Ok LonLonMarin, you win the prize for the most interesting first post... ;)

If I was going to get a tattoo, I'd get a nice small Hyotantsugi myself... It's subtle and could be tasteful.

If you're going extravagant, how 'bout just about any picture of the Phoenix?
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby LonLonMarin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:23 pm

I thought of that, I could get the Phoenix rising up my side or something, but I don't know I kind of want something that involves all his characters, or at least most of them.
LonLonMarin

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:20 am

You have two mutually exclusive requirements; perhaps you should reconsider what you want. :mrgreen: I myself, would not want anything permanent that I might later regret; as such, I cannot understand why some people are so eager to do so. :lol:
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby strobe_z » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:52 pm

That's because we don't remember what it's like to be young and foolish... ;)

Off topic - LonLonMarin, are you really in Edmonton? I thought I was the only Tezuka fan in town... ;)
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby LonLonMarin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Sure am! I'll admit I got a little giddy when I noticed another Edmontonian ><
LonLonMarin

Return to Offtopic