[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Loss of Biodiversity documenty being screened by me

Loss of Biodiversity documenty being screened by me

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Loss of Biodiversity documenty being screened by me

Postby cmoon » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:20 pm

I've made clear elsewhere that I occasionally have the opportunity to screen films that are not available in the US at a local venue. Previously I've aired Phoenix 2772 and the short 'jumping'--not a lot of turn out, but it was still something.

I'm not doing Tezuka this time (nothing really in my collection to air), but am showing an important documentry from the BBC called 'State of the Planet' (another one of those Attenborough films) which essentially deals with the global loss of biodiversity and acknowledges that the current rate of species loss qualifies this as the sixth great extinction (no less significant than the loss of the dinosaurs). The documentry alone is around 3 hrs, and I'll probably play a few other programs of the same nature to make it an entire evening of depression.

So not Tezuka, but issues Tezuka dealt with and hugely important ones at that. These will probably never air in the US, so if by any chance you are around Providence on the 24th of January...yeah, right, no one is coming, but still, might as well make my little endeavours public:

http://www.as220.org/calendar.html#2312007 (ya hafta scroll down a bit!)
Last edited by cmoon on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Re: Loss of Biodiversity documenty being screened by me

Postby Metropolisforever » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:30 pm

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned

Return to Offtopic