[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Other comics you enjoy?

Other comics you enjoy?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Other comics you enjoy?

Postby Marc » Wed May 29, 2013 11:08 am

Personally I have a soft spot for newspaper strips, especially Calvin and Hobbes--that was the first strip I ever "read." (My parents owned The Essential Calvin & Hobbes when I was super little, and even though I couldn't read yet, I remember looking at the pictures and making up the dialogue.) As I got older and more educated I learned to appreciate the strips with bigger words more, so it's something I enjoy more and more.

I also like Bloom County and Pearls Before Swine. Get Fuzzy is pretty good as well, though I haven't read it for a while.

As far as non-strip comics, I like the Finder series, by Carla Speed McNeil. The Less than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal is a really awesome webcomic, which you can read if you're interested. And as for other manga, I like Parasyte, Fullmetal Alchemist, Yotsuba&!, and Flowers of Evil. Yu-Gi-Oh is high on my list for the nostalgia value, haha.

Ultimate Spider-Man, with Miles Morales, is the only Marvel title I follow/subscribe to, and I don't read any DC comics.

These days I've mostly been reading Tezuka's works, so I can't name many more titles off the top of my head. How about you folks?
Marc

Tezuka reader

Return to Offtopic