[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - animal abuse in Japan (online petition)

animal abuse in Japan (online petition)

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

animal abuse in Japan (online petition)

Postby David » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:07 pm

David

Postby Huscheli » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Last edited by Huscheli on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby David » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:19 am

David

Postby Huscheli » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:18 pm

Last edited by Huscheli on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:01 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Metropolisforever » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:22 am

I'm sorry, but I don't think those "online petition" things really help...

Yes, I am really cynical, but they usually don't have any effect.

You might have seen that "Save Nazareth", or whatever petition, since it's been spammed around the internet so much.

These petitions don't do anything.

I'm a vegetarian, by the way.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned

Postby David » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:53 am

We, in fact, had great success with a petition of this type 3 years ago.
A city in Japan with a simliar issue was shamed publically and
as a result made some significant changes.

David
David

Postby mippa » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:04 am

I have seen this petition all over the place on Japan-related forums and the like, and I posted it on my LJ a few weeks back. These things work much differently in Japan--it's very easy for these to be successful.

(Sadly such is usually not the case in the States, in my experience...)
mippa

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:07 am

I am still angry that Japan treated their own people so shamefully. I am talking of the japanese aid workers who were captured in Iraq. When they were sent back to Japan, the japanese government said they shamed japan, and the news station even gave out where the people lived.

I watched TV Japan and I thought "OMG :shock: How can they treat people who were trying to save orphans so awful!? :shock:"

They showed people throwing eggs at their apartments and shouting at them and everything.

It got so bad, that in the midst of another petition to grant Japan their own armed forces, the FRENCH , YES the FRENCH called the japanese too immature to handle armed forces.

I have many objections to how some people in Japan act socially, and it does not surprise me in any great deal that they do not treat their animals with respect they deserve.

Miyazaki and Tezuka have tried their best to fight the good fight, but telling people how they should act on a moral scale. It saddens me that the Japanese Government is still decades behind their treatment of animals and their own people.

Will will Miyazaki and Tezuka's dreams of loyalty, and good morals be realized by the Japanese Government!?

It makes me sad :(

-_-o

I can say however, that recently, two teenagers who tortured a puppy to death, got 10 years in prison. Sometimes, justice is realized. ^_^

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/news ... ryid=75674
Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby David » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:00 am

David

Postby Huscheli » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:23 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:21 pm

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Metropolisforever » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:23 pm

The webmaster of Consumption Junction.com added a video of an Asian woman, screaming and yelling, trampling a cat, with high heels, to try to get people to donate to PETA.

He said he has seen many disturbing things, but the sight of a woman trampling a cat really made him cry, or something like that.

I DO NOT surf on Consumption Junction. I just read about that.

Kimba is (obviously) about animals.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned

Postby David » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:40 am

David

Postby Kevin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:01 am

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Next

Return to Offtopic