[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - The new release thread!

The new release thread!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Ash » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:26 am

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby WarriorKalia » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:45 am

My favorite quote is suppposed to be here, but.. how do I put into a quote the sound of Black Jack's fist hitting Kiriko's face...?
WarriorKalia

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:30 am

New things:

Well, picked up many of the items I've mentioned.

Galapagos--nice, well produced series, but a little thin on content. As much as I enjoy the more accessible nature of the BBC's newer documentaries, sometimes there is a sacrifice of content for artful nature cinematography. Can't we have both?

Twin Peaks season 2. I keep thinking at some point I can divorce myself from the time and place I saw this first and actually watch it objectively. Not going to happen. I'm glad they finally put it out.

WKRP season 1: With not a shred of money to do the right thing and license the original music, a few of the gags have been killed and the substitute/generic music is hit or miss. That said, In the late 70's, there was nothing quite like this--still one of the funniest sitcoms ever.

The Red Star (videogame): This one completely snuck up on me. Something like guardian heroes, contra, or any number of old 2D brawlers, only its a modern 3D game (oh, lots of old-school shooter parts too!) I don't recommend many video games because my tastes are still rooted in the arcades from the late 80's/early 90's. This fits in there (in fact, fans of the GBA Astroboy would like this), but isn't getting any distribution--so you won't find it in stores.

Also, someone just snuck out some nice subtitled versions of Godzilla raids again and Mothra vs. Godzilla. Now someone needs to release the original Mothra movie.

New stuff for May:

Taito Legends 2 (video game): another compilation--this one has been out everywhere else in the world except the US. I need it for the truly awesome 2D 'space shooter' G-Darius.

Also spotted some previews for a game called Odin Sphere. I don't want to say too much just from the trailers, but it looks like a blast to me (action rpg sidescroller thingy!)
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby strobe_z » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:46 am

[quote=cmoon]WKRP season 1: With not a shred of money to do the right thing and license the original music, a few of the gags have been killed and the substitute/generic music is hit or miss. That said, In the late 70's, there was nothing quite like this--still one of the funniest sitcoms ever.
[/quote]

I remember that show fondly. I can still hear the spliced together music clips they used for the radio contest. :lol:

Not sure quite what you mean though... have they changed something?
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:46 pm

A lot of the music in WKRP would require that royalties be paid for their inclusion--an utterly stupid situation. Obviously there was no money for it, so they replaced those segments with generic music, and in a few spots, cut the scenes altogether. Is this terrible? Absolutely, but they still do well with what they have.

Of course, the response from the few fans out there is to boycott this set, which will of course mean no release of season 2 or 3.

Guess what? There never will be money to pay those music royalties, so better to salvage what we can than ensure it never gets released.

Personally, while I got quickly hear what was changed, it is tolerable and the shows retain most of their original creative force.

And funny enough, the episode where they splice the clips together is unchanged!
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Wed May 02, 2007 4:14 pm

New Releases highlighted on AlexRossArt.com

It's worth it just to see his art:

http://www.alexrossart.com/rossreport.asp?id=311

http://www.alexrossart.com/wallpapers.asp are some great wall papers including those featuring Gatchaman

And here's a link to Gatchaman featuring Ross' art on the cover of the DvD set:
http://www.amazon.com/Gatchaman-Collect ... 564&sr=8-1
Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Ash » Wed May 02, 2007 7:08 pm

It already passed, but this was my OHMIGAWDIMUSTHAVEMUSTHAVEMUSTHAVE release for April. Ever since late last year I had been scouring the online gamestores for a preorder XD

Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney) 4 =D Also related to my wanted-release for September.

May
The Kindaichi Casefiles 15. Tokyopop is sooooooooo slow with releasing these books, but at least they are still releasing them!

September
. You know you want more Ace Attorney!

Unknown
. A translation of more stories by Edogawa Rampo, the father of modern Japanese mysteries. Loved Kurodahan's previous release of The Black Lizard/Beast in the Shadows, so expecting much from this!
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Wed May 02, 2007 7:57 pm

*makes grabby hands* Gyakuten...Saiban...4....Box...AHHH
What's the extra stuff?^^
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Ash » Thu May 03, 2007 7:25 am

The box included:

Gyakuten Saiban 4 (duh)
Gyakuten Saiban Jiten ('dictionary', contains music and all the info (from the court records, character profiles, locations, opening / ending movies etc.) from the first 3 games
Gyakuten Douga (DVD with all the promo movies available (cept for one or two for GS4))
Odoroki Headphones (red GS branded headphones)
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Previous

Return to Offtopic