[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - The new release thread!

The new release thread!

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

The new release thread!

Postby cmoon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:49 am

This is sort of silly, but I thought a thread where we can list the 'hot new releases' we're excited about might be fun. Doesn't need to be manga or anime by any means, but just whatever you've been chomping at the bit to get your hands on.

Anyway, April is exciting for me:

Twin Peaks volume 2 DVD set (4/3) -- about freaking time!

Planet Earth complete series DVD set(4/24) -- word is the US set will retain attenborough's original narration (cross your fingers)

WKRP vol. 1 DVD set (4/24) -- complete nostalgia, if you weren't there, don't bother.

To Terra vol. 2 (4/24)

Eh, Apollo's song isn't out til June, and MW not until October, so those will be a bit longer...

Well anyway, I have alot to buy in April.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Kevin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:44 am

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:06 am

UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby Lamp » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:02 am

End of March:
- Fist of the North Star (PS2 import)

April:
- To Terra Volume 2
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure "Volume 7" (not really Volume 7, but it is for Viz's releases, since they skipped the first 11 volumes and all but the very end of Volume 12)
- Ah! My Goddess Volume 26
- Path of the Assassin Volume 6
- All Star Superman #7

May:
- Sansho the Bailiff (R1 Criterion DVD)

Thats all I can think of for now.
Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:49 am

Add:

BBC's Galopagos special (4/3) DVD. Haven't seen all of it but seems to be very high quality.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:40 am

Whoops, forgot to mention that volume 5 of The Drifting Classroom will be released in mid-April. I still need to get volume 4, though.
UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby WarriorKalia » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:44 pm

Totally there for the new JoJo. Can't wait- I got the game, so I already know basically what happens, but....

Whenever they get around to releasing the 4th volume of Shutterbox, and the 8th volume of Hellsing... They're incredibly behind. Hellsing is WAY past that point, and the miniseries was up to chapter six last I checked...
My favorite quote is suppposed to be here, but.. how do I put into a quote the sound of Black Jack's fist hitting Kiriko's face...?
WarriorKalia

Tezuka reader

Postby Lamp » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:55 pm

Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby WarriorKalia » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:16 pm

My favorite quote is suppposed to be here, but.. how do I put into a quote the sound of Black Jack's fist hitting Kiriko's face...?
WarriorKalia

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:37 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Lamp » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:57 pm

Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:00 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Lamp » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:42 am

Lamp

Tezuka reader

Postby WarriorKalia » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:40 pm

Last edited by WarriorKalia on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WarriorKalia

Tezuka reader

Postby WarriorKalia » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:40 pm

Oh lord, my part-time boyfriend LOVES Hokuto no Ken. Personally, I can't take the machismo minus any possible redeeming values [Say, the Stand system, lots of rock music references, a hot vampire dude, mythology things] that I happen to have glimpsed so far.

On a separate note, I'm still trying to come up with a reason why I don't watch Prince of Tennis, other than 'I actually play tennis and won't be able to stand screaming at the TV screen for a half hour from inconsistencies'.

That kind of thing.

On another note, I actually did like Dana from The L Word as much as I could, considering I didn't think she was cute and she sucked at being a lesbian.

Wait, what? :?
WarriorKalia

Tezuka reader

Next

Return to Offtopic