[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Princess Knight Manga Remake

Princess Knight Manga Remake

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Princess Knight Manga Remake

Postby putrocca » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:18 pm

A new remake manga of Princess Knight is coming out soon in Japan:

From ANN Article:

Anime scriptwriter Natsuko Takahashi (Gakuen Heaven, Moyashimon: Tales of Agriculture) and manga artist Pink Hanamori (Pichi Pichi Pitch, YumeYume*YouYou) will launch the Sapphire: Ribbon no Kishi (Sapphire: Ribbon Knight or Sapphire: Princess Knight) manga in the May issue (on sale on April 3) of Kodansha's Nakayoshi shōjo magazine in Japan. The announcement was made in the current April issue, which was released on Sunday. The new work revives Princess Knight (Ribbon no Kishi), the 1953-1956 classic by manga pioneer Osamu Tezuka (Mighty Atom/Astro Boy, Jungle Emperor/Kimba the White Lion, Metropolis, Phoenix, Black Jack). Princess Knight and Toshiko Ueda's Boku-chan (1951) are considered among the first shōjo manga in history.
Last edited by putrocca on Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Kuririn » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:11 am

Wow...I do love Hanamori Pink's artwork...but I don't know how well it'll lend itself to Princess Knight. o.o;
Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:23 pm

This is one I think I'll stay away from.

I like the manga well enough, but I would never put it under my top favorite Tezuka works. I do, however, think the character design was incredible, so looking at this picture...... well, I felt molested.
"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Fauna » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:40 pm

I know that in the original manga, Sapphire was supposed to be a girl disguised as a boy. But there's no way this new Sapphire is going to even remotely pass off as male. Sailor Moon bows, big heart-shaped pendants and pearls kinda give everything away.
Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Postby Manetoys » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:11 pm

I don't think the picture they're showing here is Princess Sapphire but something else this artist is known for. Also, i've seen some REALLY girly looking males in anime/manga. I'm sure they could still pull it off.
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Princess Sapphire » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:59 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Kuririn » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:39 pm

The big red ribbon makes me immediately think Sapphire...
Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Deda » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:15 pm

Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby Princess Sapphire » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:51 pm

Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Manetoys » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:50 am

I make it a policy to not judge until I know more. Usually until I read/see the thing for myself. Being that it's gonna be in Japanese, that MAY prove difficult ^^;
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

I told you folks never mess with basics

Postby Ironman » Sat May 31, 2008 2:54 pm

When I saw the drawings of Princess Sapphire this was quite not good and this not the Sapphire that I know of and it is out of basics and I think what we need to do is that we needs to talk to the artist about this matter that this is not basic of what there are doing and they need to look at the roots of who the caracter looks like from Tezuka's image indeed. :(
for me they'll need to look more deep of how Sapphire looks like from the early years and that they need to look at the way the caracters are .If you what to revive that caracter you need to follow the basic of the artist who made that caracter. don't cross the line
that's why they have said NEVER MESS WITH BASICS :x !!!!
Last edited by Ironman on Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tezuka's creation has left quite a legacy not just only in Japan if not all over the world
Ironman

Tezuka reader

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sat May 31, 2008 3:45 pm

I'm inclined to agree with you Ironman. This new version certainly pales next to Tezuka's original. :?
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby ancalagon3 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:27 pm

I don't really get manga remakes. I mean what is their point ? I know i would always rather read the original....
ancalagon3

Tezuka reader

Postby Manetoys » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:44 pm

I think it's for the mainstream new generation. Many of them don't want to read "old" stuff
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Pinka » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 am

Pinka

Tezuka reader

Next

Return to Japanese Releases