[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Jungle Emperor (2009) on YouTube

Jungle Emperor (2009) on YouTube

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Jungle Emperor (2009) on YouTube

Postby KimbaWLion » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:27 am

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:52 am

Not sure I'm in love with the super-deformed Leo.

*sigh* I wish they could just do the Leo story from beginning to end without continuing to mess around with it.

Thanks for the link though, I don't mean to sound so glum about it.
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby KimbaWLion » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:29 am

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby Manetoys » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:08 am

cmoon

Postby KimbaWLion » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:44 am

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:40 am

cmoon

Postby Huscheli » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:22 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby KimbaWLion » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Here's a dumb question: Does anybody here have any idea what sort of bird they changed Coco/Pauley into?

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:58 am

I only watched part 1/12 so far, and about the cuteness, I think it is ok, as long as the character is more than just recognizible. I will watch the remaining segments later, & add further comment then.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 pm

The video has since been removed, but I did wisely view it all on the 9th. I captured a handful of screen shots, though. When I saw Leo straddling the toilet, I grabbed that one, & that was the start. :P

Hopefully, somebody will license this for the English speakers. 8)
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Ommadon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:18 pm

I'm new to these forums and still building up my experiences with Osamu Tezuka's creations but I at least wanted to briefly comment on this recent production.

I thought it was a good family friendly feature with a limited amount of depth and not a lot of ambition, nothing more and nothing less, but I was clearly expecting some people to dislike it, if they had other expectations in mind.

I enjoyed it as an alternate universe story within the same franchise, using some basic concepts and similar characters, not something aiming to outright duplicate or replace the original masterpiece. It wasn't even trying to be a faithful adaptation of the manga or anything along those lines.

These days a lot depends on what the creators, who are essentially hired freelancers, are allowed to do with someone else's property, so I imagine that the limits and objectives for this project had already been set from the beginning.
Ommadon

Postby jennytablina » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 pm

I joined just so I could comment on this (but plan to stay!)

This new Kimba makes me think a little of Astro Boy 2003 in terms of the drastic plot change

Admittedly I was kind of surprised in the opening of the film: Leo seems a bit of a crybaby here and he's even afraid to jump over a small gap. Sort of reminds me of Lune from his introductory episode in Leo the Lion, so the character is more Lune than Leo really. Its a bit dissapointing if your expecting the brave outspoken Leo from the previous anime.

Yet, At the same time I recall Leo being a little bit cowardly and unsure originally in early parts of the manga, in the previous anime adaptions, that early phase was skipped pretty quickly in favour of the slightly older, more mature Leo. So in that respect I appreciate seeing more of baby/chibi Leo.

Plus this is an alternate universe, one where Leo has at least been able to spend time with his father instead of only having his pelt and the stories of those who knew him. I imagine that drastic change alone would effect his character, just as Tenma's constant tampering made Astro wonder about his past in the 2003 series.

The plot itself...makes not a lot of sense to me, maybe it will once I know what they are actually saying or something, but the motives of the people in charge seem awfully strange considering the scale of the project itself. How Keitichi turned out so good natured I'll never know

Really my inital concern was that this was going to be a super-kid friendly version of Kimba but it pulls through in the second half somewhat after getting past the introductory fluff. Though it does seem to scoot over what should be emotional moments in the story

In any case curious to see what the series brings! I'm hoping for a slightly matured Leo at least
jennytablina

Postby KimbaWLion » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:21 am

KimbaWLion

Tezuka reader

Postby cmoon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:34 pm

cmoon

Next

Return to Japanese Releases