[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Jungle Emperor Manga Shonen Version [Lots of pictures!]

Jungle Emperor Manga Shonen Version [Lots of pictures!]

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Jungle Emperor Manga Shonen Version [Lots of pictures!]

Postby Huscheli » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm

While browsing Amazon Japan for Tezuka manga I stumbled over a new release of Jungle Emperor. To be honest, what really got my attention was the price "7800 Yen? What the..." I think anyone who knows the common prices for manga in Japan can relate to that. It's just so expensive! I did some research about it in the web and realized it must be a reprint of the original version or something like that, so I ordered it without much thinking...
It arrived today and I must say, I was very surprised (in a good way). But lets discover it together!

Uhhh nice box, and that's just the package...

Weee! It's all glittery and sparkly! And quite sturdy for a box... ^_^
So now we come to the inside...

Okay, wow. The books are huge. Much bigger than normal manga, and hardcover too...wow! The only thing that's not so amazing is the cover design. But oh my god:

Color pages! And quite a lot of them too! (Ok I knew there had to be some as it was advertised with color pages, but there were quite many, mostly in book 2).

But there's more! A guide booklet with background information and a few reprints of original drawings.

The pictures are often completely different from my German Version (which is a reprint from the 70's re-release, the most common one, I think). I heard about the story that Tezuka had to redraw many pages of the first parts since the original ones got lost. Well, in this book they're back.
So, all in all...if you're a huge Kimba fan, I'd say get this set as long as it's available.
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm speechless... KimbaWLion showed me a link for that set before... but it's something else to see it in living colour...

wow.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:18 am

Come on Vertical, you can do this!

(Huscheli, you just earned major karma points with me for posting this!)
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby F-Man » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 am

So pretty... I'd hang that second picture on my wall, the level of detail is beautiful (and I'm a big Ken fan too).

The official Tezuka site has a news post about this. It really seems to be the original edition as printed in Shonen magazine.

I personally can't wait for the upcoming French edition, I wish I knew a more precise date than just 2010.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby 8) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:54 pm

8)

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:50 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:26 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby 8) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:02 pm

8)

Tezuka reader

Postby Daieny » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:04 am

Oww... It's a dream... *-*
Daieny

Tezuka reader

Postby the donkey » Mon May 09, 2011 8:37 pm

damn thats some awesome set!
thanks for the foto's really cool:D
now to hope the new German version will be this version too:D (2 hardcover releases of 20 euro each, sounds like that might be it:P)
the donkey

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Mon May 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby the donkey » Tue May 17, 2011 2:05 pm

the donkey

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Tue May 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Return to Japanese Releases