[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Marvelous Melmo

Marvelous Melmo

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Marvelous Melmo

Postby Marvelous Melmo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:21 am

Where to find Marvelous Melmo
http://www.youtube.com/user/marvelousmelmo
Marvelous Melmo

Postby F-Man » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:27 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Marvelous Melmo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:00 am

Marvelous Melmo

Postby F-Man » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:10 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Marvelous Melmo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:20 am

Marvelous Melmo

Postby F-Man » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:50 am

Ask to send you the subtitle files (tell him about SubRip). If they translate well enough for you, go and buy the damn things. :P

Sorry but I find it really hard to accept this excuse that you have a right to get a work for free just because it's not available in your country, especially when there are workarounds. It's NEVER legal to pirate videos. Never was, never will. Jetter Mars has no subs whatsoever, not even Japanese, and I still payed $300+ for the Japanese boxset, and enjoyed it.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Marvelous Melmo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Marvelous Melmo

Postby F-Man » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:02 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jeffbert » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:19 pm

I purchased a used DVD boxed set from Amazon.co.jp:

it was sold directly from Amazon, though used. I had been visiting the Melmo page every now & then, just waiting to find a seller willing to ship to the USA (at a reasonable price), & nearly overlooked the active [add to cart] button. I guess I was just lucky.

In regard to buying used copies: Though the publisher only profits from the initial sale, nobody else is profiting from selling used copies unless they are rare & thus expensive compared to the price new. The publisher is not deprived of its $, either way. There is no comparison between selling used copies and making available fansubs or raw Japanese episodes online. I read online books provided by PROJECT GUTENBERG (http://gutenberg.net.au), WHICH STATES THAT THESE TITLES ARE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN in Australia, & people should check the status of those titles in their own countries before downloading them, but that is very different from what you propose to do, Marvelous Melmo.

8)
I love this series; I have added a few of my own comments to the episode guide that I downloaded; noting the appearances of Tezuka's stars; & finding one episode that had a class rep election very similar to that in 1980s Astroboy. 8) :P

Anyway, there is a ton of nudity in this series, though it is innocent in nature, I doubt any American company would be willing to import it. Note that this was aimed at little children, so the ideas about sexuality & nudity are very different in Japan than in America.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Return to Japanese Releases