[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - 11th OVA of Black Jack Announced

11th OVA of Black Jack Announced

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

11th OVA of Black Jack Announced

Postby Sevi » Wed May 11, 2011 5:48 pm

The Black Jack original video anime series by the late director Osamu Dezaki will get an 11th and final volume, more than a decade after the previous volume. The video anime series adaptation of Osamu Tezuka's manga originally ran from 1993 to 2000. It's unknown if Dezaki was involved in the new OVA.

Not only will Akio Ohtsuka and Yuko Mizutani reprise their respective voice roles of Black Jack and Pinoko, but they will record their lines during a live video stream on the Nico Nico Douga website on Saturday, May 14 at 2:00 p.m. Japan Time (1:00 a.m. EDT) .

Source: , ,

Also a huge thanks to World_Links & Vertical_Ed for spreading the fantastic news via Twitter!

OMG OMG OMG! OMG! I'm already hyped and excited about the new OVA! \(^o^)/
Last edited by Sevi on Thu May 12, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby F-Man » Wed May 11, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm still in shock. This is such amazing news. I wonder if they're doing this in dedication to Dezaki?

Those who know me well will know that I'm hoping really hard they'll release the entire series on Blu-ray after this (in Japan of course).
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Sevi » Thu May 12, 2011 12:30 am

"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby F-Man » Sat May 14, 2011 4:24 am

http://tezukaosamu.net/jp/news/n_709.html

Might take weeks before they post the news article in English, but I could get this from Babelfish:

[quote]Some days ago, regrettable, doing not to wait for completion, it becomes also the posthumous work of the coming out promontory Osamu entire supervision which has become dying. It is the schedule which presently
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Return to Japanese Releases