[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Digital rentals

Digital rentals

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Digital rentals

Postby F-Man » Fri May 20, 2011 1:36 am

Thought people should be interested that Tezuka anime digital rentals are back online since last month.

You can find them at videx.jp:

http://www.videx.jp/anime/sp/teduka_bj/

Using the links at the bottom of the page, you can move between the different pages: Black Jack, Jungle Emperor, Astro Boy, sci-fi fantasy, shoujo, and comedy.

The "exclusives," as in things you can't get on DVD are the following:

[TOW = Tezuka Osamu World]

5 Astro Boy TOW films
Black Jack: Child Who Came From the Sky (rare OVA available as an extra when buying the manga at one point)
Black Jack ONA
Black Jack TOW film
Jungle Emperor TOW film
Phoenix: Robe of feathers TOW film
Princess Knight TOW film
Unico TOW film

As with before, they may stop distribution of the movies at any time.

I had honestly never heard of that Phoenix film before! From the screenshots it seems to feature Pinoko.
Last edited by F-Man on Fri May 20, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jeffbert » Fri May 20, 2011 3:08 am

I have been viewing manga online only because there was an English Interface, so I could easily see what I was doing. I do not see any such thing, here, though. :cry:
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby F-Man » Fri May 20, 2011 4:10 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby madamluna » Fri May 20, 2011 5:24 am

"Japan is an island nation in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it was invented when Osamu Tezuka (lit "The Godfather") created anime." -
madamluna

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Fri May 20, 2011 6:00 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jeffbert » Sat May 21, 2011 12:31 am

Jeffbert

Postby F-Man » Sat May 21, 2011 2:25 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jeffbert » Sat May 21, 2011 2:36 am

Jeffbert

Postby Huscheli » Sat May 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby F-Man » Wed May 25, 2011 8:32 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Sevi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:56 pm

YES! I always wanted to watch the Black Jack ONAs! That's the reason why I'm sooo delighted about the news, that the Black Jack ONAs and of course all the other Tezuka anime digital rentals are back online. :D

I took it upon myself, to write a guide for the Black Jack ONAs (just in case that some of you still need some sort of an convincing argument to rent those episodes). Also, thank you F-Man for proofreading the ONA guide!

"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Re: Digital rentals

Postby bobojungle » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:24 am

Videx is a pretty neat site. I tested Videx by signing up for Toei’s Club Pero and downloading Videx Station for Toei Animation BB-Premium. It works just fine. There was no region lock, which really surprised me. I haven’t tried downloading the episodes that cost money (I just tested the free episodes out recently) but I’m pretty sure that Toei Animation’s Videx website also takes International Credit cards as well.

Even though they are rentals, I still really like this site so far. It offers episodes for cheap and there is no regional lock. The only big issue is that sometimes they take a series down and replace them with another one. It can be annoying, but at least it’s temporary.

The quality is really great, here’s some screencaps I took from the first Jetter Mars episode

The High Quality really makes the show look really nice, especially the backgrounds.
bobojungle

Tezuka reader

Return to Japanese Releases