[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Black Jack Alive vol.1 and vol.2

Black Jack Alive vol.1 and vol.2

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Black Jack Alive vol.1 and vol.2

Postby Lugt » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:44 am

I have just read the 2 volumes of "Black Jack Alive", an anthology by today's famous manga artists. Each episode features Black Jack of course, sometimes other Tezuka characters as well, or famous characters of the author. There are short essays by each author in the last pages of the book.Published in January 2006, by Akita Shoten.

Following is the list of the authors;

Vol. 1

Taguchi Masayuki
Hazuki Kyo
Murao Mio
Kondo Yoshifumi
Takakura Atsuko
Iogi Juichi
Serizawa Naoki
Tezuka Makoto
Kikuchi Shouta
Sato Makoto
Kitami Ken'ichi

Vol.2

Aoike Yasuko
Tachihara Ayumi
Shibata Masahiro
Okazaki Takashi
Yoshitomi Akihito
Takaguchi Satosumi
Tagami Yoshihisa
Yamada Naito
Inui Yoshihiko
Yagami Ken
Nagai Gou

I might be safe to say this anthology is just like a doujinshi made by famous artists. The list is really gorgeous.
And it was fun reading them. Especially the episodes by my favourite artists such as Aoike Yasuko, Shibata Masahiro were a great treat for me. Some artists were new to me, though the episode by Yamada Naito in vol.2 made me cry; it was quite moving.
Lugt

Tezuka reader

Postby Huscheli » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:59 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby putrocca » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:24 pm

I have that anthology in the old pulp edition, but I shold get the nicer ones since it's getting fragile. I didn't like a lot of the art, but some of it was excellent.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Huscheli » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:32 pm

Well what about "Black Jack M"?
It has the same cover design as "Black Jack Alive"...is it an anthology too or something else? If yes: Is it better or worse than BJ Alive?
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby putrocca » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:34 pm

There's an info page about this on the main site, but BJ alive was a set of new original stories not writte by Tezuka illustrated by various artists. BJ M followed it and is a set of old BJ stories originally done by Tezuka re-done by different artists, kind-of like BJ Kuroi Ishii, only with lots of different artists instead of just one. They're both collected in the big fat yellow anthology that reprinted "The Wall" (a semi-sealed BJ issue). You can see more info if you look for Black Jack M on the Black Jack page.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Xenops » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:49 am

How would I find these to purchase? I found a link about such and it looks interesting:

Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Return to Japanese Releases