[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tezuka Disney Manga

Tezuka Disney Manga

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Tezuka Disney Manga

Postby Huscheli » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:53 am

A few months ago I ordered a copy of the Disney Manga boxset. It was quite expensive (3800 Yen) for two manga and didn't know what I would get. Well I recieved them a few weeks ago and finally made some pictures. Since there isn't many information in the web about those, I thought I should show them here:

http://aycu37.webshots.com/image/14156/ ... 656_rs.jpg
http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/12570/ ... 276_rs.jpg
http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/14745/ ... 118_rs.jpg
http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/14671/ ... 294_rs.jpg
http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/12559/ ... 546_rs.jpg

Yay for owning a piece of manga history!
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Zoriana » Wed May 30, 2007 3:37 am

Huscheli, I love you!
Zoriana

Tezuka reader

Postby Deda » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:34 am

oh what a nice packaging, when i read the title, tezuka/disney I thought it would be Bambi or Snowhite or Pinocchio!
they look gorgeous.
I think snowhite is way too old and that is why they included bambi and pinocchio, but wow, bambi is all in color or does it just have a few pages in color?
Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:00 pm

How did Tezuka manage to get the rights to do these? (or did he?)
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Huscheli » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby strobe_z » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:04 am

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Deda » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:05 pm

Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby Space Sheriff Gavan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:46 pm

Space Sheriff Gavan

Tezuka reader

Postby Deda » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:30 pm

My friend Lelo keeps calling him osama too... she never did like him but when i used to live in California and we used to hang out on saturdays she would always come to pick me up and find me with a tezuka manga in my hands...
so one day we talked for hourse since we were driving to LA and she mentioned how she neved did like his drawings... and I laughed and said... "you know the first time I picked up the 3 adolf... i did not know it was tezuka's... i was too young... but the first thing I thought was - wow these drawings are so expressive, they are gorgeous- so don't let the drawings bug you and do not judge a book by its cover... a nice cover is just that" so recently she told me she picked up a few of his stuff and got addicted and in the end she even read Jungle taitei and wrote to me "OH MY GOOOD disney copied!" :lol:

this is totally unrelated but if you think about it... isn't it a pity that such a great talent existed and most people don't know about him? it saddens me.
Deda

Tezuka Nut

Postby Huscheli » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Manetoys » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:08 pm

Wow. With stuff like this under Tezuka's belt, should we really be complaining that Disney "copied" Kimba for The Lion King?
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:25 pm

Well the problem is that while Tezuka was out in the open about it, Disney WAS out in the open about it, and then changed their minds. Completely brilliant!
cmoon

Postby Manetoys » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:32 am

Well those lawyers are scary! XD Actually, I don't think anyone has lawyers scarier than Disney.
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Huscheli » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:50 am

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby cmoon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:10 am

cmoon

Next

Return to Japanese Releases