[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Buddha movie

Buddha movie

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Buddha movie

Postby blackshadow » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:00 am

according to Vertical's twitter, Warner Brother japan and Toei are making a Buddha movie. here's the website:
http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/buddha/

Edit:Here's the ANN link:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... aff-listed
blackshadow

Tezuka reader

Postby F-Man » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:23 am

This made me jump to the roof. Things feel so much better when there's a big Tezuka project to look forward to.

I probably should read the series so the movie doesn't spoil anything.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Tetsuwan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:49 am

What makes me feels really good about this is that Toei Animation is producing the movie. Also Hideaki Maniwa is doing character designs and a quick google search reveals he worked on Dragon Ball, the First 2 Pokemon Movies, and my favorite Ghibli film Kiki's Dilivery Service. I don't know how this could get any better.

With Toei Animation producing the movie you know there is a very good chance of it coming to over here. As a good portion of their works do eventually get localized, even if with subtitles (just check out Hulu or Chrunchy Roll). And when they are released they more often then not are of great quality.
With every life starts a new beginning. With every new story starts a new chapter
Tetsuwan

Tezuka Nut

Postby F-Man » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:30 pm

And now I'm hyped to the max.

Though is it just me or Tatta's nowhere in sight?

Anyone know who the characters are at 1:19-1:20 and 1:24? I don't remember a young Siddharta walking through the desert.
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jikorijo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:36 pm

Jikorijo

Tezuka reader

Postby Inazawa » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:55 am

I believe this is going to be a part of a trilogy of movies, so this of course will probably focus on Capra's story and Siddhartha as a young boy.

I hate the opening though, as I do with all the jpop songs used for Tezuka's anime. I can't stand the stereotypical anime opening themes for Tezuka's works. They seem out of place and cheesy. It doesn't really live up to the brilliance and majesty of his works.
Inazawa

Tezuka reader

Postby Dr. Jerk » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:33 am

Dr. Jerk

Tezuka Nut

Postby F-Man » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:11 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby F-Man » Wed May 18, 2011 8:42 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby F-Man » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:46 am

It will be screened with English subtitles at the Annecy festival in France, and the Asian Film Festival in New York City: http://unseenfilms.blogspot.com/2011/05 ... lease.html

With the new New York announcement, I'm even more sure of my chances to see it at Fantasia in Montreal this July! :D
I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Huscheli » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:17 pm

I really hope it will get a Blu Ray Release fast. Hopefully soon in the US or in France. >.<
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby F-Man » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:04 am

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Postby Huscheli » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby F-Man » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:53 pm

I'm on .
F-Man