[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Am I an "inexperienced" Tezuka fan?

Am I an "inexperienced" Tezuka fan?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Ash » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:19 pm

"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:37 pm

It's true Naruto stops being good around episode 135, no one will deny that, but the 3rd's fight, the Rock Lee battle, the paper exam in episode 25, those are all excellently scripted, choreographed and directed, with much faster pacing than the 1st few eps. I like both, but from a production and direction standpoint the team improved a lot after their first season and started producing better quality stuff, in production terms rivaling bigger budget series like Kaleido Star, Hikaru no Go, even recent Gundam.

Either way, it's not "crap," so if we're going to pick a posterboy bad series to complain about, let's pick something else, like Ping Pong Club.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Ash » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:48 pm

Sure, there were some great fights and animation after Zabuza. Like you mentioned, the Rock Lee fight; Neji vs. Naruto was great (though slightly ripped from Cowboy Bebop the Movie); Sasuke vs. Orochimaru is still one of the best animated and choreographed fights I've ever seen in any series: but the fight of the Sandaime for example was terribly drawn (actually most of the fights of that time) almost as bad as Gokuu vs. Furiza. There were a lot of moments I was just horrified by the animation and music-choice: in the Zabuza arc it was a lot more consistent.

Pacing-wise, I also reallythink it was a lot worse after the Zabuza arc than before. But maybe it's because I'm comparing a small quantity of episodes with the rest of the series (haven't seen any of the fillers though): I remember a lot more awfully drawn and animated, stretched-till-infinity moments after than before Zabuza.

But maybe it's just me: everybody seems to like it a lot more after Zabuza XD
"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth" - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God
Ash

Tezuka Nut

Postby Metropolisforever » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:02 pm

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED.
Metropolisforever

Banned

Postby Huscheli » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:17 pm

You openend this thread only 27 days ago lol Can't have been that much :D
Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby putrocca » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:26 am

- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Karmi-Sempai » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:15 am

Hmm? You mean HERO TV?

Anyway, I'm always stirring up trouble wherever I go so it's no surprise this thread was revived...
I'm not special. I'm just not like you!
Karmi-Sempai

Tezuka Nut

Previous

Return to General Tezuka Discussion