[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tezuka: The Marvel of Manga Exhibit & Philip Brophy book

Tezuka: The Marvel of Manga Exhibit & Philip Brophy book

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Tezuka: The Marvel of Manga Exhibit & Philip Brophy book

Postby dwillems » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:17 pm

dwillems

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:01 pm

Thanks for the report. If you're interested in writing up a paragraph or two on it I'll post it as a book review in our Analysis section.

I'm going to get a copy of the book myself when I go to the museum next week - can't wait!
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby mkg12 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:54 pm

The exhibit is pretty good. I liked it a lot. The Philip Brophy book just covers the series that are at the exhibit. When I skimmed the book, it was limited to just some of the pieces that are on exhibit. I thought about getting the book, but it was like," Eh, I just saw all that though." It was also a little expensive.
mkg12

Tezuka reader

Postby putrocca » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:11 am

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby photonray1989 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:12 am

Yay! I also went! (and fyi putrocca I'm not actually qshoe1989 but photonray1989 =). The panel was exciting! And ms. Ishii cracked me up. I guess from what they said that I'm something of a rarity being a Tezuka-obsessed youth. Oh well. Anyways... putrocca got nearly all of it, but there are a couple of pieces of additional news as well:

1. They have an awesome film looping constantly in the exhibit showing some of Tezuka's highly experimental animation as well as a chronicle of his manga works.

2. Anne Ishii of Vertical says that adaptions of Tezuka's work are almost certainly a complete no-no (possibly because of the Kimba fiasco?).

Also, the Viz panelist made it REALLY clear that Phoenix is not a financial success story.. And I'm sure that's part of the reason that Black Jack is still on the back-burner. Oh well, go see the exhibit if you possibly can!
photonray1989

Postby cmoon » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:25 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby dwillems » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:18 pm

dwillems

Tezuka reader

Postby Rukawagf » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:36 pm

Rukawagf

Tezuka Nut

Postby putrocca » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:51 pm

putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Amrith » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Amrith

Tezuka Expert

Postby cmoon » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:11 am

cmoon

Return to General Tezuka Discussion