[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - "Romanesque" artbook scans

"Romanesque" artbook scans

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

"Romanesque" artbook scans

Postby Kuririn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Recently I came across a Tezuka artbook called It's completely made up of Tezuka's female characters, which means there's a ton of rare art and more obscure series in there, which is great! I took scans of the Wato pictures for my site as well as some Sapphires (as she's one of my favourites XD) and some random other illustrations that I thought were pretty. I colour-corrected and cropped them, so I thought I'd share with you all. ^_^

I downsized these to a height of 800, if anyone wants any of them at a higher resolution for wallpapers or something, just ask.

There are over 70 pages in this book, most of them colour, and it's still in print (and affordable!) so I HIGHLY recommend it for Tezuka fans. Though I wish they had chosen someone wearing clothes for the cover. :P (It's Queen Sigma from Apollo's Song.) There is quite a bit of nudity in the book, too; tasteful, though, of course. It's art, after all.

Hope you guys enjoy!
Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby strobe_z » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:30 pm

I'll be in Tokyo in a couple of weeks and I was thinking about picking it up. There's an old thread around here somewhere about that book already - I've been thinking about it for a while, but wasn't sure if I wanted someone else to pick it up for me given the cover... :oops:

Anyway, roughly how much is it and where can I get it in Tokyo? Those are my two biggest questions.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Kevin » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:36 pm

it says 2,400 yen according to international exchange rates that's about $23.

I suggest looking for a Tezuka World (whatever it's called) book store. There are several actual stores centering around Tezuka, bookshelves of his manga, stuffed guys, etc...

:D

I don't know where one is though :(
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Kuririn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Indeed. I got it at Mandarake in Osaka for exactly 2400; there is a Tokyo branch of the store (maybe even two!) I know, so I'd definitely try there! If they don't have this one, well, the Osaka one had -several- Tezuka artbooks so you're sure to find a nice one amongst the lot. ^_^

I also recently got one of the character guides - these are a little cheaper at 1800 yen and seem to be divided by series, with a handful of series per book. Tons and tons of info in these! It says on the cover the main few series contained in there, but there's a lot of stuff on his less well known stories too, and some profiles on the way characters revolve in the Star System. I think there are 11 or 12 in the set, ( is the one I have), and they still sell them at the big bookstores like Junkudo and Kinokuniya.

Kevin - I know of two Tezuka Worlds near me, but I don't know of any in Tokyo. D: I heard of one, but that was quite a few years back, I wonder if it's still there...?

Could always try Takadanobaba Station in Tokyo? It's where Tetsuwan Atom was set, so there's Atom stuff in the station there, I hear.

(p.s.: going to Tokyo on March 23, going to Takadanobaba station, oh yes I am!! XD)
Image "Or the moment
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby Kevin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:36 am

I only know about the Tezuka World place thingies from the Astro Boy 2003 dvds. They talked about them and they said there was one in Tokyo. Or maybe I got all goofed up :(

I know it was in a mall. Looked very busy.

Maybe it's not called Tezuka World :O I don't know :(
New E-Library! http://thelibrary.ninjanezumi.com/
Check out my bookshelf!

Kevin

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Kuririn » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:17 am

Image "Or the moment
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn