[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Tezuka Theme Park

Tezuka Theme Park

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Tezuka Theme Park

Postby Recca_Phoenix » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:30 pm

I thought of this while posting about the Tezuka/Disney thing...

There is no "Tezuka World" amusement theme park like Disneyland/world. As much as Japanese people love rollercoasters and merchandising ;) , I'm surprised it hasn't happened. Yes, there's the Tezuka museum, but I've been there and it's not as great as it should (or could) be :(
(but Takarazuka isn't the biggest city in the world...)

So.....idea and speculation time :D
*If* there was a "Tezuka World" or "Tezuka Land," what kind of themed areas/rides/etc. do you think it would have? And what would you WANT it to have?
Drawings and doodles of maps or whatever are always fun....

I'll post my own idea later, when I finish sketching it up n_n
but it involves a "wheel & spokes" model like Disneyland.
Now translating:
Recca_Phoenix

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:58 am

Rock's bi-polar ride of adventure!
"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Recca_Phoenix » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:18 pm

**not to scale AT ALL**

Yes, like all great theme parks, it's based on the Disneyland model because the guests can not only move around the circle (or take the boats from land to land), they can also use the spokes of the wheel to cut across.

Like the Tezuka museum, the centerpiece and welcoming figure is a statue of Hinotori the Phoenix. The black dots around that area are statues of other famous Tezuka characters. the pink "ML&T" building is the manga library and theater, where people can relax and read/buy manga and DVDs or watch short films in the theater.

For little kids, we have Leo's Jungle, which has a petting zoo, play areas ("jungle" gyms, haha), etc. Also some type of nature edutainment aspect and a show with singing to appease the kiddies.

In the front are the main big shops and restaurants, but of course some of the lands would have their own little stores and snack bars as well.

The red area is Samurai World, which is themed on all of Tezuka's many historical pieces. Probably some kind of Dororo-related ride here. I'm thinkin' one of those stunt/fighting shows....with samurai!

Atom World is one of the biggest sections, honoring Tezuka's many scifi and space works (especially Atom! :D ) Definitely lots of rides here, involving rockets and other cool stuff. Talking robots too.

Silverland is for all of Tezuka's European-fairytale-medieval-type stuff. The centerpiece is of course Sapphire's castle. Some kind of Unico ride, kiddie dark rides are here... (man it just seems like a Fantasyland clone already -_-)

Horror World
is full of scary stuff like haunted houses and some type of creepy mine train roller coaster that goes underground. It is always night there....the whole land is enclosed inside a giant mountain and most of it is actually underground!!!!

Adventure World (for lack of a better name....-_-) looks like a city of the 1940s/'60s (several different areas).... it has a lot of eating and shopping places, entertainment, night clubs, and stuff. Its theme is the more contemporary manga like Rainbow Parakeet, Midnight, Black Jack, etc. and all those old adventure manga with Higeoyaji and Kenichi.....

You can see that this is just a general outline, I'd love to hear your ideas, especially about what to fill the different areas with :P
Now translating:
Recca_Phoenix

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:28 am

Where is apocalypse world?
"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Kuririn » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:09 am

Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby cmoon » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:39 am

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Black Jack » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:55 am

Kiriko's "Euthanasia Wonderland."
I had intended it as a joke, but they took it as sage advice.
Black Jack

Tezuka reader

Postby Jeffbert » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Princess Sapphire » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:18 am

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Manetoys » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:22 am

Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Recca_Phoenix » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:26 am

Now translating:
Recca_Phoenix

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jeffbert » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby mokonafan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:08 pm

....(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ☆Wanna-be mermaid since 1994☆ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧....
mokonafan

Tezuka reader

Return to General Tezuka Discussion