[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Sleep tight Leo

Sleep tight Leo

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Sleep tight Leo

Postby strobe_z » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm in Kyoto on business right now... but I can just about see the Tezuka Museum from my hotel window. I can go to sleep now knowing that I'm under Leo's watchful eye.

Just got in late this evening so it was all closed (at 5pm!) but I'm hoping to sneak a small quick visit in between meetings tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

oh, in other Tezuka-related news, I got my hands on two Astro 2003 Korean box sets. Highly regarded as the best English language release (meaning it's got Korean and Japanese audio, and Korean and English subtitles) - it's wide screen and fabulous. And to think I found these two lonely box sets sitting by themselves at a used/overstock "store" in Seoul... and snagged both together for $40!

I got a little crazy and bought the Korean Dororo manga box set too... despite already having it in French and it's coming out in English soon. It just looked so nice in it's pretty box... and all for $16.
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby strobe_z » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:45 pm

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby cmoon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:17 pm

"I'm in my own head now, and it's where I should be" --Snitter
cmoon

Postby Potato » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:27 am

</deleted by Potato> [I assume strobe was hinting for me to delete it anyway.]
Last edited by Potato on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katara: Sokka, You're a genius!
Aang: Did the definition of genius change in the last 100 years?

Potato

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:15 am

UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Postby strobe_z » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:52 am

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Potato » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:10 am

Potato

Postby strobe_z » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:38 pm

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Princess Sapphire » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Huscheli » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:54 pm

Huscheli

Tezuka Veteran

Postby Potato » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:00 am

Potato

Postby Kuririn » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:15 pm

Image "Or the moment
when you know it's over and the nothing which you
have to say is falling all around you, lavishly,
pouring its heart out."
-Don McKay
Kuririn

Tezuka Nut

Postby strobe_z » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:36 pm

I went to Akihabara today and I tried looking for some Tezuka and other stuff, but basically only found two of the Astro Boy first series gashapon. I got the distinct impression that since it's not "popular with the kids" I was in the wrong place to really find anything much.

I did buy Phoenix 2772 manga somewhere there and was quite sorry I did. It was sealed in the shop, and had one of those little wrap around paper things on the cover so I couldn't see the "Satomi Mikuriya" co-credit... Interior art is quite ugly (and is NOT an attempt to mimic the Tezuka style). Best thing about it is the cover IMHO. Oh, well...

I went to Maruzen looking for the Tezuka Romanesque book, but they said they either didn't have it or it was out of print (or both). They also had some "Tezuka 80th birthday celebration" slipcase of some of Tezuka's really early SF work, in a non-manga format (more like a 8.5x11 size), but a) I don't read Japanese and b)His early work is quite rough, and c) it was about Y3400, so I ended up just buying a couple of Bilingual Doraemon manga books instead. I was thinking about trying to find the Mandarake store in Shibuya tomorrow (was there tonight for dinner, but was with my non-nerd colleagues).

As for the Phoenix clock in Kyoto station, I'm only going by what I was told. I looked all over the place, and even asked at the information booth. The girl at the Tezuka World gift shop was the one who told me it wasn't there anymore...

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby strobe_z » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:46 pm

I found some information on the Phoenix 2772 manga adaptation - wish I'd known about it before I bought it...

http://www.2772.otaku.ru/comments/e_comic.htm

The cover tricked me.

strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby UnluckyLukeGR » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:33 pm

UnluckyLukeGR

Tezuka Nut

Next

Return to General Tezuka Discussion