[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Fan Art Tread

Fan Art Tread

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Sevi » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:48 am

The Pinoko Horror Picture Show

The full-size version (incl. my artist comment) of it can be found .
"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:06 am

:D I started to watch ROCKY HORROR, but I just dislike musicals.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby madamluna » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:55 am

Thanks for the compliments, Jeffbert! Glad you like 'em :D

More sketches! First, more Tezuka Peaks, because I'm a dork and finished rewatching the third episode. This one's based off of the absolutely amazing scene.

Then I drew Princess Sapphire because she's lovely and I need the practice. I'm super excited that Vertical's bringing over the manga, too--I'm a big Utena fan (the rose kinda gives it away) and I'm dying to read a spiritual ancestor of sorts to it. This one's kinda large, so click for big.

Last edited by madamluna on Thu May 19, 2011 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
madamluna

Tezuka reader

Postby Xenops » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:21 am

Xenops

Tezuka Nut

Postby madamluna » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:13 am

Thanks!

I have been drawing a lot but most of them are sketches and things. I did do these two recently, and they were good practice!

Hamegg, inspired by some my friend Geoff did:

And Lamp, creepin' on plant ladies like a pro (the best part of Lost World):

madamluna

Tezuka reader

ladies and gentlemen once again...

Postby Rocku » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:55 pm

After almost a year of this marvelous creature avoiding my short (and pathetic) bouts of artistic inspiration, here he comes running back with a vengeance.

I had forgotten how much fun he is to draw, although I'm not quite sure what happened with this picture. I enjoy it, but I don't ever remember drawing him in this style. The greatest thing about Tezuka's characters is how amazingly flexible they are.

The background is billowing smoke. Or stink lines. Either one could work.
"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Manetoys » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:42 pm

@Sevi: What has been seen cannot be unseen! :shock:
@madamluna: That Princess Sapphire is very pretty <3
Manetoys

Tezuka Veteran

Postby madamluna » Thu May 19, 2011 6:20 am

Thanks so much, Manetoys! And nice Skunk up there, Rocku, that lineart is just delightful. I love the way you've defined his face.

I'm predictable and drew more Hamegg and Lamp. I think this came out pretty well, though. B♥F♥F

"Japan is an island nation in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it was invented when Osamu Tezuka (lit "The Godfather") created anime." -
madamluna

Tezuka reader

Postby Sevi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 pm

@Madamluna: Oh my gosh! Your art style is just cool and fancy! <333
@Rocku Wow! Skunk looks so bada$$ in your style! Awesome!

Black Jack: Between God & Devil

I always wanted to portray Black Jack's dual nature but I had no idea, that it would actually turn out to be so... cute? The full-size version of it (which does look much better but I had scale it down for the forum), incl. my artist comment can be found .
"I'm not in at the moment. If you are in need of medical attention, please leave your name, telephone number, nature of your complaint, seriousness of your condition, and how much you can afford to pay me. I'll get back to you later."
Sevi

Tezuka Nut

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby F-Man » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm on .
F-Man

Tezuka Expert

Re: Fan Art Tread

Postby Kellox » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:46 pm

I really love the Lamp fan art here, Makes me happy such a funny character still gets his fan art in today's world.

Image here is a drawing of mine of Astroboy Fighting Sonic. :D
'Taking a drink everytime a character dies tragedy in Tezuka's manga's or animated series' is a very dangerous game that would lead to death'.
Kellox

Postby Saruta » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:25 am

Poor Sonic! What was THAT for?
Saruta

Tezuka reader

Postby Bigdog » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:57 am

When and if I ever get to it , I might draw the Tezuka system as the X-Men:

Rock: Cyclops
Sapphire:Jean Grey
Ben Heck:Wolverine
Rainbow Parakeet: Gambit
The Phoenix: Phoenix/Dark Phoenix (This is unavoidable)
Melmo (19 yr old version): Kitty Pryde
Ken'Ichi: Iceman/1st Class Banshee
Shunsaku Ban: Beast
Biwimaru:Charles Xavier-Prof. X
Black Jack: Black Jack
?:Storm (She might be a constructed variation of another character since there are no black women I know of )
James Brock/Alabaster:Colossus

Duke Red: Magneto
Lamp:Sen.Kelly
Kisaragi Kei:Mystique
Hekate: Emma Frost
Sharaku/Three Eyed One:Legion
Hidegaruma: Juggernaut

Maybe in a few days,
Bigdog

Tezuka reader

Postby Saruta » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:50 pm