[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - My Tezuka Art

My Tezuka Art

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Postby Rocku » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:19 am

"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Rocku » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:09 pm

lol WHAT???? AN UPDATE????

ROCK GOES CRAZY (the censored version)

So last semester (during early spring) I had a comic course and we had personal assignments we had to do on our free time, like little comics about what we did during the day. I bs'ed all of these and just drew crap like this, and sometimes added in a movie review for no apparent reason.

Needless to say, he HAAAAAAAATED them.

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

SKUNK SKUNK EGGS BACON AND SKUNK

Postby Rocku » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:54 pm

HEY MORE SKUNK WHAT IS THIS CRAZINESS???

This is a small three by seven I guess. I had just finished my finals and had some free time so I whipped this out, I think December ninth or something. All acrylic on bristol board. I was really digging it when it was done, but meh. Not so much now.

I posted this in the fanart thread. Read the description there if you want.

I was like oh wouldn't they look so awesome drawn all cute and stuff??? But no they don't. This is an awkward picture, lol. I was just watching "Reviving Jumbo" and threw this down. Half colored in gimp, not gonna finish it.

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Fauna » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:10 am

I like how bold the top one's colours are. (Particularly the gold of Skunk's hair!) I know how you feel about that sort of thing; it's been happening to me a lot lately.

I didn't ever comment on the second one, but I love the style and how the whole thing flows; Bakshi-plus-Gorillaz is the closest way I can describe it.

And then that one reminds me of a kids' book Gahan Wilson illustrated, which is all right. Reviving Jumbo is a painful episode for me. This will be revealed why in a comic I'll put in the main fan art thread later.
Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:16 pm

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Rocku » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 pm

IMAGE SPAM!!!!!!!

School has been taking up a lot of my time, and i haven't really been able to sit down and do some real Tezuka fanart for a while. most of these are just doodles and warm up sketches in my notebooks.

I'll never get tired of Skunk. I'm surprised that he's consistently stayed a favorite character of mine for so long. Over the years i've tried him in a number of different styles, though none are specifically "right" or "wrong." but he's the type of character who's fun to change up every now and then. i sketched this out in blue pen then threw some colors down in cs4.

Harry again. if you're not sure who he is, go back through this thread, i think i cleared that up.

I draw Tima a lot. something about drawing her hair is really calming. i was doing warm up sketches and wanted to draw her and Rock, each sketch showing one of heir hands..... it made sense while i was doing it, i think i was over tired. pencil i think.

here's the other one. pencil.

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:50 am

Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Fauna » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:21 am

Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Got so much Rock featured manga while in Japan. Sketched small and quick while on a train, then threw down some colors.

Harry again. Always, lol. Sketched small, made him look way too pretty. Just trying some new styles I guess

Extremely quick thing of Skunk

"Need a light?"

It's borderline impossible to draw Skunk NOT smoking. You ever just read the stories he's in? He's just CONSTANTLY got a cigarette. Like, every panel. Not even exaggerating. Fauna, back me up.

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby Jeffbert » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:10 am

Well, at least Skunk does not need a cigarette as Norse Necktall does. He simply seems weird in the BJ21 videos, as the viewer wonders why his face is in that shape.

BTW, great art, Rocku!
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby Fauna » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:54 am

She's right! I pulled out a volume of Astro Boy with Skunk in it, and he's smoking all throughout the page right until Astro breaks open the wall.

Anyways, on the pictures! There's a great flouncy look to them, and I really like the last one.
Fauna

Tezuka Nut

Postby Rocku » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:29 pm

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Re:

Postby Skunk-love » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:10 pm

[quote="Rocku"]OOOOOOOO, are you guys in for a treat....

I was cleaning out my computer drawer(that's probably spelled wrong), and found these. I know there are a few other Skunk fans on this forum, so enjoy!

I apologize again for dumping so many things at once....

I've always liked a picture of Spike Spiegal in this pose, on one of my Cowboy Bebop VHS' somewhere, and thought it might fit Skunk. I have no idea when i drew this, but it might have been about 3 years ago.

This was the cover to a Skunk fanmix (I have problems) I made a while back.

No idea when or why I drew this.

Good evenight dear!Ohh so cute arts on Skunk Image
My Skunk Kusai official fanpop Image

My Tumblr
Skunk-love

Tezuka reader

Re: My Tezuka Art

Postby strobe_z » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:59 am

That's funny, I was just reading Under the Air and Skunk makes an appearance in one of the later chapters (in space).
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Re: SKUNK SKUNK EGGS BACON AND SKUNK

Postby Skunk-love » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:41 pm

My Skunk Kusai official fanpop Image

My Tumblr
Skunk-love

Tezuka reader

PreviousNext

Return to General Tezuka Discussion