[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tezuka In English Discussion Forums • View topic - Katsuhiro Otomo's Manga Tribute To Tezuka

Katsuhiro Otomo's Manga Tribute To Tezuka

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Katsuhiro Otomo's Manga Tribute To Tezuka

Postby DESERT-SPIRIT » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:30 am

I found this neat little two-page tribute to Tezuka, drawn by Katsuhiro Otomo (who directed the Metropolis film) off a French Otomo forum, and thankfully saved it before the forum was shut down for good. I believe Otomo drew it for a fan at some convention.
Mind you, it's in French. I'm currently learning the language, but my skills aren't perfect, so maybe someone could translate this for us?
Anyways, enjoy! :D

DESERT-SPIRIT

Postby Rocku » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:03 am

oh wow, thanks for the scan! :o This is so funny!
"There are demons in my soup. There are monsters in my damn soup."

- Rambling Billy Bob Joe
Rocku

Tezuka Expert

Postby strobe_z » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:21 am

Okay, I'll give it a shot...

Panel 1:
At this time of year, in Yagatake...
The leaves of the white birch have started to turn red, and fly around in swirl of gold...

Panel 2:
So I thought: "Oh ho ho, wouldn't it be nice to have a summer home here..."

Panel 3:
However, since Yagatake is full of hills and valleys...

Panel 4:
It might be just as well to be next to the cycling paths along the river Tama...

The only thing that would be up for some debate I think would be the use of "summer home" instead of "secondary home" in panel 2. Also, the literal translation of "hills and valleys" bit in panel 3 might also be translated as "always on the move". I believe there's an expression in French to that effect.

Nice find though, either way!
Image - All Life Is Sacred

Follow TezukaInEnglish on and
strobe_z

Webmaster

Postby Princess Sapphire » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:57 am

Thank you Strobe :)
And thank you DESERT SPIRIT. This is amazing and cute. :D 8)
Osamu Tezuka is Japan's greatest story teller
Princess Sapphire

Tezuka Veteran

Return to General Tezuka Discussion