Help - has anyone read Ambassador Magma?

Moderators: strobe_z, putrocca

Help - has anyone read Ambassador Magma?

Postby putrocca » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:48 pm

I'm doing some research on the Star System characters who appear in the excluded issues of Black Jack, which includes Magma and Gum from Ambassador magma, but I don't have a copy of it myself. Has anyone read/seen Ambassador Magma? If so, what can you tell me about the relationship between the two characters, beyond the simple fact that they're father and son?
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Postby Jeffbert » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:05 pm

I have the English VHS tapes, & I cannot recall any real father-son relationship between Magma & Gam. However, this may have been something they actually did address in a very brief way. It would be that M & G were wondering about the relationship between Mamoru & his parents & how the robots could immitate this in their own lives.

To my knowlegde, the only real family-type relationship between the robots was in the Tetsuwan Atom 2003 episode.
Jeffbert

All Tezuka all the time...

Postby putrocca » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't be surprised to find there's more in the original manga than there is in the anime. According to Tezuka World's star system notes two of them are the twins in the BJ issue "The Two Jeans" but I'm having trouble figuring out why he cast them that way.
- Ada (site founder - TezukaInEnglish.com)
putrocca

Site Founder

Return to General Tezuka Discussion